Quick Start Guide.
Thank you for purchasing the Geek Out V2+. This guide provides basic step-by-step instructions for setting it up, but if you need additional help, our Customer Happiness team is at your disposal by opening a ticket.
- Geek Out V2+ Digital to Analog Converter
- Micro USB-B to USB A adapter
- Geek Out V2+ Warranty Statement card
To get you started using your Geek Out V2+ DAC, There are three steps involved.
- Installing the Driver software onto your Windows based PC. (Driver is only required for PC)
- Connecting your Geek Out V2+
- How to enjoy music from your PC and Mac.
For the newest 3.26 Driver you can also download this Here,
Please note that this driver will no longer support Windows XP and
Windows Vista, To provide better support for Windows 10 platforms.
A driver needs to be installed to connect your Geek Out V2 DAC by USB to a Microsoft Windows computer. The 2.29 driver can be downloaded here.
Once the driver is downloaded, simply click on the downloaded file to begin the installation. Follow all prompts on your Windows machines until a finish button is clicked. Once this is done you will also need to change your default sound device to the Geek Out V2+ DAC under your Windows Control Panel in the sound properties.
To get step-by-step instructions, please visit our driver install guide.
Connecting your Geek Out V2+ DAC.
Your Geek Out V2+ can be connected to your computer using the USB-A to Micro USB-B cable provided. This plugs into your USB 2.0 port on your PC or Mac. Your Data port for your device can be found on the Bottom of your V2+, next to the two 3.5MM jacks. The charging USB-B port is found along the side of your V2+ next to the On/Off Switch.
Headphone outputs can be found on the bottom end of the USB-B plug on your Geek Out V2+. There is one 3.5mm (balanced) and one 3.5mm (single-ended). The Balanced plugin will have a red cover to eliminate plugging single ended headphones into the balanced headphone jack.
The Geek Out V2+ has a digital button to switch between TCM and FRM filters are located closest to the On?Off Switch. TCM is indicated with a Blue LED while FRM is indicated using a Green LED.
The Geek Out V2+ also has a second button for its Analog Gain switching located next the digital Filters button. The White LED indicates the 100mW output while the Blue LED indicates the 1,000mW output.
Enjoy Your Music
- Connect your Geek Out V2+ into your Computer's USB port using the USB cable provided in the packaging.
- Then turn on the device with the Power switch located next to the charging port on the V2+ side.
- Plug in your Headphones using the 3.5mm Headphone jack.
To set your audio output to Geek Out V2+ in Windows, You will need to set it as your default device.
Microsoft Windows Default Device Configuration
- Click the Start button found on the bottom left corner of your windows Pc.
- Select Control Panel and double click “Hardware and Sound” note: this is in category view, you can select small icons and double click “Sound”
- Under the Playback tab in your Sound Properties, left click the Geek Out V2 to select this device.
- Right-click this device and select “ Set as Default Device” This will enable sound to come out of your Geek Out V2 when connected to your Windows based Laptop or Tower.
Setting up for MAC OS X
No drivers are needed to use your Geek Out V2 on a Mac computer. You will, however, need to select the Geek Out V2 as the audio output device.
- Click your Apple button found on the top left corner of the screen.
- Select “System Preferences” in the drop down menu.
- Double click “Sound” under Hardware.
- Under the Output tab, select the Geek Out V2 as your output device and be sure the Mute button is not checked.
- Exit out of the menu.
Connecting your device for Android 5.0 or higher Smart Devices.
There is no driver or installation needed for Android devices. This is a Plug N' Play device. You will need a Micro USB-B to Micro USB-B OTG cable that is sold exclusively by LH Labs. The OTG end must be plugged into the Smart device for properly device recognition.
Full Owner's Manual
For complete instructions about your device, please reference the full Owner’s Manual for details and discussions about the operation, features, and software configurations.