Upgrading your Matrix Control Unit (MCU) with an SD Card.
Your New Pulse DAC has an slot hidden by its magnetically secured acrylic top. Periodically, we realease upgrades to Pulse DAC's firmware which can be flashed by inserting a micro SD card into this slot. To flash Pulse DAC's MCU, please follow this step-by-step guide:
- Please ensure to use a micro SD card of 64MB or more.
- Before you flash the new firmware onto your MCU, make sure your micro SD card's file system is either FAT or FAT16.
- There is a single file called app.bin that needs to be added to the card’s storage. This file can be found on our Driver and Firmware page. Note do not change the name of the “app.bin” or Pulse DAC's MCU will not be able to load the firmware properly.
- Once the card is formatted and app.bin is on your micro SD card. Power down your Pulse unit and insert the card into the card slot.
- Power on Pulse DAC to begin the firmware install. There will be a three second pause while the MCU flashes. Once done, you can check your MCU firmware version under the menu options for your Pulse.
- Once the process is done you can safely remove the micro SD card while Pulse DAC is still powered on and continue with normal operation.
- Use the link below to download the latest MCU firmware file or open a support ticket.