Larry has received a deluge of emails from many Vi DAC backers wondering why there isn’t a Solid State Signature Edition. “How come only the tube geeks get the best of the best?” is the question he’s repeatedly getting.
You know Larry. He just can’t help himself. It’s an illness. :)
So, he got busy working on a Signature Edition of Vi DAC Solid State. Obviously, we don’t want to endanger the shipping schedule (shipping began today on these awesome little guys!!!), so we’re going to make only 6 SE’s. If you’re interested, please let us know by simply opening a support ticket.
Signature Edition Technical Details
Of course the SE has all the Infinity bells and whistles. In addition to those (naked resistors, THD Performance Package, etc.),
1) Larry is using 4 (two hand-matched pairs) special TO-99 metal can amplifiers in the balanced output stage. With more good surface area and a solid package, we will use JFET to bias this into Class A deeper. All these changes will make Vi DAC sounds at its best.
2) Connectors: the Balanced output connectors are from Cardas, and RCA connectors are from WBT. Solder is from WBT.
(Connector examples on Geek Pulse Signature Edition)
3) Larry will contact you directly to customize your Vi DAC SE (like Pulse DAC SE). You have the option to choose either the OPA1611, AD827, or the LME49710 on the single-ended output stage. Once you make your decision, engineering team will fine tune everything for you through careful listening at his home. As with all SE’s, you get to work with Larry directly to customize your DAC.
4) We will upgrade the current to voltage stage amplifier to make the slew rate even faster than original great OPA1612. This will bring you some crystal clear highs that you are
5) And of course A “Signature” mark in front of your Vi DAC chassis to make this unit unique.
Again, if you’re interested, please open a support ticket and we can get the ball rolling for you. We’re happy to answer any questions you might have!
Manny, Stephanie, and Gina.
Interesting here. I paid for $62 in Sept and was told that I had to pay as it was shipping now. This seems like a way to get extra money over the amount paid.
Then I was told it would ship begining Sept 10%, 40% Nov and 50% Dec.
Then I was told mine would ship in Dec.
January I am told it will take 2 weeks.
Still waiting. I wonder how many others are waiting also.
Should I have been contacted now regarding my Signature Edition Vi DAC Tube?
When are you shipping the DAC's that were paid for on indiegogo over a year ago?
Does the LME49710HA Metal cans sound a lot nicer than the LME49990, even though the LME49990 have better specs ?
So on the Pulse Signature Edition , the upgrade is to LME49710 SOIC chip ?
Using the TO-99 would mean using adapters and the spaces on the Pulse are very tight , maybe that's why ?
I am surprised Larry has decided to use TO-99 metal can amplifiers, I told him earlier about it during the Pulse SE interview and he said he was not going to do it for the Pulse SE. It sounds he finally came to realization that the can version provides a better SQ, a lot of listeners on the net on audio sites reported an improvement. The choices of op amps is good. What output caps is Larry going to use?
Secondly, I wish Larry would have provided a distinctive Pulse SE marking on the front enclosure instead of the back, it's better for those who want to show off. ;)