Start a new topic
Planned

Master Quality Authenticated (MQA)

The audiophile world is keen on the new MQA lossless codec. It does seem to offer some significant advantages, so much so that I can't image purchasing a DAC without MQA capability.. Will MQA support be offered as an option on the Geekout V2 series?  

4 people like this idea

Hi Will

Although unavailable now, we've looked at the spec, and think we can support it in the future with a firmware update.

Gina Stewart

Customer Happiness

LH Labls

6 people like this

We are working to include MQA support. Once finalized and licensed, a firmware will then be released.

4 people like this

+1 Bump on this thread.

Tidal just updated their desktop app to support MQA through their "MASTER" quality setting. I'm testing it now using my Geek Out (v1). I have to use software processing of the MQA, otherwise it is being reverted back down to 44.1khz.

Any update on if/when the Geek Out or Pulse Dacs will get native MQA support?

4 people like this

Hi, This can be very interesting. Does this apply to other LH dacs such as Pulse?

2 people like this

Any ETA on MQA firmware for the GO V2 series? 

1 person likes this

I am with Dale on this profoundly stupid journey - what is wrong with this organisation - promise after promise broken - it is not curing cancer - just a circuit board  - I have had a PSU for about 2 years - not sure if it even works 

hope it is not old tech by the time we get it ....

1 person likes this

We're working on an update for the Vi Dac! 

1 person likes this

Why is LH Labs not on the list?

When will we receive a straight and up-to-date answer about MQA compatibility on ALL LH products -- DACs and the Source?

1 person likes this

The latest issue of The Absolute Sound includes a column by Robert Harley updating information on MQA. Has there been any progress or further thinking about incorporating this into Source. What about that firmware upgrade for Pulse?

1 person likes this

When can we expect the updated firmware?

1 person likes this

I'm using Roon, a microRendu and an Explorer 2 DAC and I'm enjoying great sound with MQA files too.

Maybe someday my Source will arrive. Maybe it will live up to its hype. Too many maybes.

Updates were promised about this at least two months ago. Have I missed them? Certainly there must be something you can tell us.

I'm unaware of any timelines on the V2 series MQA update. I'll ask and report back if I hear anything. 

Chris,

A-VCOA will be having a demo and presentation on MQA from Meridian America (Tech Center here in Atlanta) this coming Saturday. If you are in this area you are welcome to attend. We expect to know more about MQA after this session. Anyone on this string is welcome, but please call me to confirm.

When:

Saturday, Aug 20, 2016, 12:00 PM until 6:00 PM

Where:

BlueVision
1165 Allgood Road Suite 12
Marietta, GA 30062

404-835-7342

Additional Info:

BlueVision

John Morrison

770-330-3919

jhm3@bellsouth.net

Category:

Field Trip

Registration is Not Required

Payment In Advance Only

There will be three, two hour sessions from:
12N-2P, 2P-4P, and 4P-6P. Please do not all come at one time!! We may have to institute a registration process to prevent overcrowding at each session.

Login or Signup to post a comment