Start a new topic

Where is my Geek Source unit?

It's really time to get serious.  Where is my unit?  If I don't receive it within a week, I will start legal proceedings.

1 person has this question

Michael, you ordered a regular unit and at this point we are working on shipping the Source SE units. We are unable to "cut you in line" for your unit ahead of others. I am sorry for the inconvenience. We'll be working on the Source SE units through the rest of the month, and we have no way of knowing when you will receive your particular unit after that (at this time). I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Michael, I share your sentiments.  

Jarek, please provide my personal contact information to Michael.

@Paul we are unable to provide customers the information of other customers, especially under those types of circumstances. I am sure you can understand our reasons for not allowing this. 

Wow, here's a review of the Geek Source for sale at $3K.  Do you think we can get our units before LH Labs sells them to new customers?

The review is not for an LH Labs (crowd-funded division) product. It is for a product developed (and sold) by Light Harmonic, which is the parent company. Light Harmonic is the retail division; LH Labs is the crowd-funded division. They are not intertwined; the profits from Light Harmonic sales go to feed LH Labs' products and delivery. 

Customer service said: "The review (in Stereo Times) is not for an LH Labs (crowd-funded division) product. It is for a product developed (and sold) by Light Harmonic, which is the parent company. Light Harmonic is the retail division; LH Labs is the crowd-funded division. They are not intertwined; the profits from Light Harmonic sales go to feed LH Labs' products and delivery."

This is utter nonsense.  The product being sold by Light Harmonic is, indeed, the fruit of the crowd-funding-sourced Geek Source.  It might have some additional bells and whistles but I'll bet 95 percent of the product is the Geek Source.  Note the language used at the end of the review by Stereo Times when the product is described; it's the same language that's been used for the Geek Source.  To imply otherwise is to insult our intelligence.

I contacted LH Labs about the incongruity of Light Harmonic selling the Geek Source-inspired Pro Source before delivering Geek Source units to its crowd-sourcing backers via Indiegogo (IGG), some of whom like me purchased the product in 2014.  Customer service at LH Labs responded that these are two different products from two different companies and should not be intertwined.  That’s misleading and runs counter to the fine print on the Light Harmonic site that clearly states, “Orders to be filled after IGG orders are completed,” which implies the two ARE intertwined.  

Source and Vi DAC units were removed completely from the Marketplace and are not being sold or pre-ordered. 

Would customer service please tell us when our Geek Source units will be shipped.  I understand my unit would be shipped after the SE units have been shipped.  Have all the SE units been delivered?  When may I realistically received my Geek Source (upgraded) unit?

More bullsh*t from customer service.  Jarek, you should be careful not to provide demonstrably false information - it destroys your credibility.

LH may soon stand for "lawsuit happening".

@Paul Please clarify what you believe to be false so we can address that for you. 

This (highlighted) :

"The review (in Stereo Times) is not for an LH Labs (crowd-funded division) product. It is for a product developed (and sold) by Light Harmonic, which is the parent company. Light Harmonic is the retail division; LH Labs is the crowd-funded division. They are not intertwined; the profits from Light Harmonic sales go to feed LH Labs' products and delivery."

But Source Pros were available for pre-order, with fulfillment after IGG orders are filled.  Seems clear they're intertwined, particularly when "the profits...go to feed LH Labs....".

@Paul We'll try to get an FAQ up explaining the differences between the two. 

Login or Signup to post a comment