Start a new topic

What is the status of Geek Source units

May we please have an updated timeline on shipment of both the SE units and the other units?  Thanks.

1 person has this question

According to your updates and this forum, you started shipping Source SE units on about 10/19/17, but have only shipped about 17 as of two weeks ago. In 30 weeks, you have shipped only 17 or 18 units. No explanation as to why it takes nearly two weeks to assemble and ship a single unit.

In common parlance, that's called stonewalling.

I'm beginning to believe that you are short of parts and money, and we may never get our units.

@Chris I have the same information as before and I have not been updated as to any further information. The regular Source units will ship after the SE units have completed shipping. I have no information or exact timeline on when all of them will be completed at this time, or an exact timeline on when the regular units will begin shipping. 

@everyone who ordered regular Source units: please note that we are unable to unfairly "cut you in line" for your units ahead of other backers or get your units by next week ahead of other backers. (We've had at least a few requests by individuals along those lines) I have no way of knowing the order people will receive their units in, as it depends on the production batches. 

You pretty much repeated the info from about two months ago. You had really no progress in shipping out more Source units? I can understand that your testing needs time but the shipping speed of your colleagues is ridiculous. When can you ship regular Source units?

@Chris We had about 35 SE units to ship, and we're at about half of that from what I'm told. The systems aren't integrated so I don't have an exact number that I can see on my side.

Hi! How many Source SE have been shipped out by now? When will you ship the regular ones?

Customer Service
said 3 months ago

"The Source SE units are expected to ship out by the end of next week to the backers. We are working on making the firmware update process as smooth as possible. That should be done by next week and then they’ll be shipped. Hardware is all fine. I’ll update more over the regular Source boards when I have it. (I’m asking this weekend)"

This reminds me of:

Thanks, Could you try to find out and push Larry or the other staff to tell you? 

@Chris When I get that information, I'll post it. 

Jarek, how many Source SE were shipped in April please? Above you wrote "So in April we should be able to clean up the Source SE" and now April is basically over. Was there any progress or is there another excuse for a delay?

Dear Jarek and other customer service helpers,

The information from the last reply was the same that you posted on IGG 11 days ago. So there has been no progress at all in the 11 days? You also mentioned that in total you need to finish more than 30 SE units. How many have you completed by now? How many are shipped? 

I would guess that the majority of the Source backers are the ones that backed (and paid for!) a regular Source. Can you please share more information about the regular Source units? Is the hardware ready? All parts sourced? 

The latest update I have: We will complete the next 10 units’ shipping by the end of this month. Also, we are getting the 2T SSD in next 10 days. So in April we should be able to clean up the Source SE. Then we will start the normal Source production and shipping.”

If I get more information, I'll let everyone know. 

Login or Signup to post a comment