Start a new topic

Where are the Geek Source units?

I am but one of the many people awaiting a Geek Source.  Can you kindly tell us when the products will be shipped?  There was an announcement about improved communications with the hiring of Jarek but all seems to have gone quiet since that time, despite some promises of SE editions being shipped.  

1 person has this question

Have since long given up on receiving this product. Obviously they are having some problems meeting their obligations. Maybe no cash flow to complete the products and delivery?

Who knows, have ended up purchasing a completely different setup based on Roon, MicroRendu and SonicTransporter i7. Ordered and it all arrived in less than a week and I live in Japan.

Good customer service and products ship when promised... 

Can we have an update, please?  I'm not aware of anyone in the world who has received a Geek Source unit.  Surely, someone would have commented here by now...

Sad to say that I am over it.

I am looking at replacement candidats for the Vi Dac and Source.

I need to find  a nice DAC, which I may have found, but I am still considering options.

The Source will be replaced by a PC with SOtM, or Pink Faun or JCAT + some other tweaks. Maybe a linear PSU from HDFlex.

The Wave is already replaced my a Sony sony NW-WM1Z.

I will still use the LHL Geeks which I love, but I will not give any penny more.

Even if by any miracle the Vi and Source ship to me, if LHL request shipping fees like it seems they did with other customers, I will decline and forget about the unit.

It is an easy way out for Larry, but we cannot do anything not even legal action.

So I prefer to move on ...

1 person likes this
I’m just so exhausted and disappointed by this whole process. Im over it, except that I’m out thousands of dollars in equipment that I could buy for less money with better specs now than when I spent it. Larry should be bending over backwards to fulfill the promises he made years ago, but nothing - radio silence- and customer service that lies just as readily as Sarah Huckabee Sanders. Just saying

1 person likes this

Customer Service
said 3 months ago

"The Source SE units are expected to ship out by the end of next week to the backers. We are working on making the firmware update process as smooth as possible. That should be done by next week and then they’ll be shipped. Hardware is all fine. I’ll update more over the regular Source boards when I have it. (I’m asking this weekend)"

And so....?

1 person likes this

Finally, a manual I can download ... now, if I only had a Source to use it with.

1 person likes this

We are still working on the SE units. The non-SE will come next. When I have solid information, I'll post it. 

What ever happened to the non-SE source?  Is it still in plan for shipment?  If so, when?

1 person likes this

I hope to get mine soon.

Even without a DAC on it can still use one of my Denon AVP digital input.

We are shipping out 5 SE Source in next few days. We will continue shipping the SE Source after that until everyone has theirs. All backers who have SE orders will be notified when their orders start shipping. We are building them, and we will load the software, and then ship. We are excited to get them into your hands. 

Michael, you will get same response as 10 days ago, or a month ago, or a year ago – personally, I don't believe a word they say.

Time for another update from customer service.  We heard that 10 days ago Larry and his team were working to finish the firmware update process.  What is the current status of ALL Geek Source products?  Thanks, Michael

Larry and team are working to finish up the firmware update process. It should be done by next week. Very minor issue and they want this perfect before it ships out to backers. 

The week passes without a quick update as to why the week passed without shipping. So, what's new news?

This certainly sounds good, but I won't believe it until I get my hands on it...

Login or Signup to post a comment