Start a new topic

Vi DAC Chatter

Hi everyone, this is the first thread for the Vi DAC. Please post thoughts, comments, questions, screenshots, etc. in here. We will be attending to these forums now instead of the IGG pages due to ease of use for both LHL and backers. 

Same rules as before: professional-esque discussion over the campaign and LHL is welcome. Personal attacks will not be tolerated and will be deleted. Profanity: try to keep it PG, please. 

There is no "quote" function on the forum but I am working with Freshdesk support to see if there is a workaround. But this will be infinitely better than the old system at IGG where there was no ability to edit posts, a character count, no way to post screens, etc. 

We look forward to hearing from you around the forums! 

- Jarek

2. "We never stated to anyone, anywhere, that all backers would receive all merchandise before dealers."

Wrong. Just...wrong. Go back and look at Gavin Fish's statements when he was still the mouthpiece for LH. He emphasized that one of the main benefits to backing LH was that backers get this product before anyone else. I haven't saved any direct quotes but I'm sure someone has.  

1. "IGG merchandise does NOT go to dealers". 

No, of course not. Not if you define IGG merchandise as merchandise that ships to IGG backers. The problem is that you are procuring parts for, building, and shipping retail merchandise using the same funds  and production resources that COULD be producing and shipping IGG products. In other words, given a choice you produce for retail first, IGG last. 

4. "We're losing money on IGG."

You have collected approximately $4k dollars from me and held it for over three years. Your MSRP for this stuff is about $7k. I've read margins in the audio business are typically 50%. If you can't make money selling a $7k MSRP device for $4k you're doing it wrong. 

HOWEVER, I'm willing to take you at your word on this one. Please prove your point. I've been regularly requesting a full refund. If you're actually losing money on IGG I'm willing to let you lose less. Based on your recent post the best business decision you could make is to refund my money. 

So, which is it?

1 person likes this

@Dan the answer is the same as it has always been. Unfortunately, IGG funds cannot be refunded. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

I hope it not that lhl can not refund because that would mean there is no money to do so. I guess it is more they choose not to refund. It is only lhl stopping themselves from paying out a refund.

Thought about it for a week and yes, I 'll join the B Stock chassis option.  Want to upgrade my system so it's time to hear the ViDAC and it's (likely) improvement over the Pulse.  

Many production uncertainties, but this adds a way to get the product quicker.

Opened ticket 44362 for b stock or new chassis I just want something delivered

Hi Jarek, Could you update us on the Vidac Tube? How many original design tube versions are made and what is the current production rate? Do you know if the new CNC factory is having better results? Is the new design for the tube version production ready? If so, when can people expect Vidacs in the new design case to be shipped? What is the production rate of the new case design? I still do not understand what makes switching from the old design to the new design interesting for a backer. Based on the information available we have something that is not in production and that means we are just moving to a different list. To me switching to the new design only makes sense if I know you have a case in stock and can build it and ship it. I think we really need a solid update. Kind regards, Matthijs

1 person likes this

Hi Jarek,  

Yes indeed, an update would be great - its been about a month.  Anxious to hear what's going on.

1 person likes this
Hi Jarek, I too would like to request an update on the the Vi DAC Tube. It's good to hear some real progress is being made on the Wave, but with complete silence on the Vi DAC it makes one wonder whether anything is happening.

2 people like this

Hey guys, I'm not ignoring anyone. I just have nothing to report yet. I'll try to get something soon and add it for everyone. I know everyone is very anxious to hear status updates and I completely understand. I'm just waiting on solid information from the head office. 

1 person likes this

Hi Jarek, if nothing new to report can you revise some unfinished tickets? Can you check Ticket #43578, i don't think it's difficult to check my Vi DAC was getting wrong Capacitor inside, Thank You.

Larry is in Asia right now working with the factory on the chassis productions. When I have more information, I'll update everyone. 

We are also working on building/sending out the B-Stock chassis units we have. The 2 in production will be going out soon.

1 person likes this
If Larry is in Asia, can he please come to Bangkok to pay me my money back personally? I’ll accept 80% of what I paid as a penalty fot for believing on this half-ass project. Any dac is worth more than one I can only hear in my imagination. Larry bit off far more than he could chew. He knows it but will not admit to it. There are so many other solutions but he’s too cowardly to admit he’s in well over his head. Not only that but he’s too greeedy to take a small hit on profitability to realize the (frankly overly ambitious) design and we backers suffer as a result. Larry Ho will go down as one of the biggest con artists in the history of hifi.

I prefer the two tone grey upper/red lower chassis mentioned in the 2/11/2018 update. I still am waiting on my tubed Vi DAC to show up on the marketplace-lhabs.com website. I have gone back to my original support ticket and provided the best updates I can, hoping everything finally shows up.

1 person likes this

It's been 2 months since the new chassis update.  The stone-walling needs to end.

Pick a project to complete and FINISH!

I'm in for a Source, Wave, Vi DAC Tube & the big power supply. At least get us one of these things!

Login or Signup to post a comment