Start a new topic

Vi DAC Chatter

Hi everyone, this is the first thread for the Vi DAC. Please post thoughts, comments, questions, screenshots, etc. in here. We will be attending to these forums now instead of the IGG pages due to ease of use for both LHL and backers. 

Same rules as before: professional-esque discussion over the campaign and LHL is welcome. Personal attacks will not be tolerated and will be deleted. Profanity: try to keep it PG, please. 

There is no "quote" function on the forum but I am working with Freshdesk support to see if there is a workaround. But this will be infinitely better than the old system at IGG where there was no ability to edit posts, a character count, no way to post screens, etc. 

We look forward to hearing from you around the forums! 

- Jarek

2. "We never stated to anyone, anywhere, that all backers would receive all merchandise before dealers."

Wrong. Just...wrong. Go back and look at Gavin Fish's statements when he was still the mouthpiece for LH. He emphasized that one of the main benefits to backing LH was that backers get this product before anyone else. I haven't saved any direct quotes but I'm sure someone has.  

1. "IGG merchandise does NOT go to dealers". 

No, of course not. Not if you define IGG merchandise as merchandise that ships to IGG backers. The problem is that you are procuring parts for, building, and shipping retail merchandise using the same funds  and production resources that COULD be producing and shipping IGG products. In other words, given a choice you produce for retail first, IGG last. 

4. "We're losing money on IGG."

You have collected approximately $4k dollars from me and held it for over three years. Your MSRP for this stuff is about $7k. I've read margins in the audio business are typically 50%. If you can't make money selling a $7k MSRP device for $4k you're doing it wrong. 

HOWEVER, I'm willing to take you at your word on this one. Please prove your point. I've been regularly requesting a full refund. If you're actually losing money on IGG I'm willing to let you lose less. Based on your recent post the best business decision you could make is to refund my money. 

So, which is it?

@Dan the answer is the same as it has always been. Unfortunately, IGG funds cannot be refunded. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

I hope it not that lhl can not refund because that would mean there is no money to do so. I guess it is more they choose not to refund. It is only lhl stopping themselves from paying out a refund.

Thought about it for a week and yes, I 'll join the B Stock chassis option.  Want to upgrade my system so it's time to hear the ViDAC and it's (likely) improvement over the Pulse.  

Many production uncertainties, but this adds a way to get the product quicker.

Login or Signup to post a comment