Start a new topic
Answered

Vi DAC Chatter

Hi everyone, this is the first thread for the Vi DAC. Please post thoughts, comments, questions, screenshots, etc. in here. We will be attending to these forums now instead of the IGG pages due to ease of use for both LHL and backers. 

Same rules as before: professional-esque discussion over the campaign and LHL is welcome. Personal attacks will not be tolerated and will be deleted. Profanity: try to keep it PG, please. 

There is no "quote" function on the forum but I am working with Freshdesk support to see if there is a workaround. But this will be infinitely better than the old system at IGG where there was no ability to edit posts, a character count, no way to post screens, etc. 

We look forward to hearing from you around the forums! 

- Jarek

Best Answer

I posted this 2 months ago but it apparently didn't go through so I am posting again...

I think that is going to be hard to do Robert. Consider the following taken directly off Indiegogo:

Funds collected

Campaign                         Backers               when campaign closed                 % Funded

Geek Wave:                     ~9600                  $1,665,254                                     3478% on July 13, 2014

Geek Wave #2:                ~800                    $190,000                                         148% of $128,000

Geek Pulse DAC:             ~13,400              $3,001,353                                     3089% on Dec 28, 2013

Geek Pulse #2:                 ~550                    $103,527                                         20705% of $500 fixed goal

Pulse Analog:                   ~260                    $93,966                                           1649% on Oct 1, 2015

Vi DAC:                              ~1150                  $283,406                                        2852% on March 16, 2015

Total Reported funds contributed: $5,629,225

These numbers may not reflect all of the perks, direct invoices, etc. which may have taken place after the campaigns closed. Even with overlap, that’s 20,000+ backers from all over the world. I have a hard time believing that ~20k backers contributing ~5.6M are going to let all this just go. 

I agree with you about these products becoming “legacy”. I am fortunate in that I have the ability to move on (and I have, substituting new products which I have purchased to take the place of these “potential products” which may or may not ever show up). But while you and I may be able to tap out and take the loss as a poor investment opportunity, hard to imagine that many others will feel the same…again, nor should they.

I think if the communication were better and consisted of something other than teases like the September 5, 2018 update (noted above by John Siegel):

“We have the new Vi chassis design ready…we will post the photo of the new chassis once we receive it. It should be in three weeks.”

Promise unkept. Rather than update again on Sept 26 letting people know what’s happening, nothing happens.

In the last year regarding just Vi DAC, there have been 7 updates, and many updates address the chassis or Mr. Ho’s world travels. All tease, no meat, irregularly irregular positive reinforcement (the most addictive kind, just like gambling). When you click on the campaign Facebook links for Mr. Ho, you get https://www.facebook.com/app_scoped_user_id/660315531/ which no longer exists. Same for https://www.facebook.com/app_scoped_user_id/110875392609110/ . There is a twitter (https://twitter.com/geekbylhlabs) who’s last meaningful post was from Feb of 2017. Talk about a ruined reputation. 

(note: extra part deleted for encouragement of harassment towards journalists and LHL employees and associates)

(second note: second deletion. discussion of legal action towards LHL is not permitted on this site)

To answer the last question, the other user visitor was not listening to the Tube, SS, or the Source.

I just don't get why the vendor who is there to sell merchandise would have no way to demonstrate the merchandise. I shared your post/story with Larry and let Larry know this guy potentially cost us money. I don't know what the story is. Maybe Larry can get some details or maybe there's something going on we on the forum aren't aware of behind the scenes. 

@Adrian Larry is supposed to be editing it sometime today or tomorrow. Hopefully I can get it published by Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on how the behind-the-scenes go. 

@Jarek, I dont understand it either. The only thing I can think of is Larry left with the only external HD of music when he departed early from the event on Sunday.

Hi Jarek, could anyone on your support team could take a look at my ticket #42190 please? It's open since 3 months ago and no answer or any comment about it, I know that FW updates are not as important as delivering units or giving status to the customers that are still waiting for their units, but my Vi DAC is presenting some issues that I've read a FW update can fix, like low volume on headphone output balanced and unbalanced, weird numbers on display and no response until unit gets powered down and then power on. Hope you can give me a hand on this, thanks in adavance.

Regards

Hugo Mendoza

@Hugo I'll pass that on to the tech team for you! 

1 person likes this
A Lhlabs Source demonstration unit at audio show with no music on it !!  Priceless.

Hi all.   I just spent several hours on the  phone with Jarek for the purpose of clarifying orders for contributions I made to several LH Labs campaigns.   Jarek was very helpful and has an interest in turning around the negative customer relations LH labs created over the last several years.   Give him the time.   He's interested in trying to make things right for all the backers.   I want to point out that the orders listed on MyBigCommerce is NOT accurate.  If you notice that type of problem make sure that you get an updated order sent to you that includes all of the contributions you have made.  Note also that the Indiegogo summaries don't necessarily jibe with what LH labs has. 

How long will it take before we get delivery on our stuff?  Unknown. 

"

@axel it's on the list. I'll review this for you when I get time tomorrow. 

"
What kind of "tomorrow" do you mean? It's 15 days since...

@axel I did give that to our management for review. I'll check again for a status update. 

Jarek,

Remember when you answered my question about the revised copy on the Vi DAC's IGG product page, where mysteriously all mention of the ViDAC chassis being machined from T6061 billet aluminum was removed? I asked when that occurred and who ordered it.

You replied to my question by stating no one knows how or when that was removed, or by whom, but it would be corrected.

But now, not only has the condition not been corrected, but all mention of my original question has been deleted from your Q&A. Or, if that isn't where the question appeared, where did it appear? It seems to have vanished.

Something is rotten here Jarek, answers to questions that you have previously provided have been removed, but by whom and when? 

Is Larry Ho editing your responses after the fact? On a related note, the with to the Fresh Desk forum was supposed to have included a return of Larry Ho himself to the discussions, no?

You posted it on Computer Audiophile. I provided a screenshot on Head-Fi of the original question and answer. 

Anyway, the specific answer to your specific question is: nothing has changed, the original agreement still stands, and if you get anything other than the original material we promised, you're welcome to post negatively about it and reference my quote and post. It's still CNC machined from T6061 aluminum. 

Honestly, if I had to take a guess, it was Gavin who removed it (as pointed out by your post referencing his announcment) and Larry wasn't aware of it. When I asked Larry specifically about your question, he specifically stated he didn't even know it was gone.

Hi Jarek, Ticket #43578 for your follow up http://marketplace-lhlabs.com/igg-only-tube-power-cap-upgrade/ Can anyone received Vi DAC Tube Signature or Vi DAC Tube with Tube Capacitor Upgrade can take a look or photo, can anyone see Jensen Caoacitors on Tube PCB?
Jarek was that the update you where talking about or is there another one still coming?

Anyone received Vi DAC Tube Signature or Vi DAC Tube with Tube Cap upgrade can help to see and check the capacitor upgrade from Nichicon to Jensen on Tube Board???

Login or Signup to post a comment