Start a new topic
Answered

Vi DAC Chatter

Hi everyone, this is the first thread for the Vi DAC. Please post thoughts, comments, questions, screenshots, etc. in here. We will be attending to these forums now instead of the IGG pages due to ease of use for both LHL and backers. 

Same rules as before: professional-esque discussion over the campaign and LHL is welcome. Personal attacks will not be tolerated and will be deleted. Profanity: try to keep it PG, please. 

There is no "quote" function on the forum but I am working with Freshdesk support to see if there is a workaround. But this will be infinitely better than the old system at IGG where there was no ability to edit posts, a character count, no way to post screens, etc. 

We look forward to hearing from you around the forums! 

- Jarek

Best Answer

I posted this 2 months ago but it apparently didn't go through so I am posting again...

I think that is going to be hard to do Robert. Consider the following taken directly off Indiegogo:

Funds collected

Campaign                         Backers               when campaign closed                 % Funded

Geek Wave:                     ~9600                  $1,665,254                                     3478% on July 13, 2014

Geek Wave #2:                ~800                    $190,000                                         148% of $128,000

Geek Pulse DAC:             ~13,400              $3,001,353                                     3089% on Dec 28, 2013

Geek Pulse #2:                 ~550                    $103,527                                         20705% of $500 fixed goal

Pulse Analog:                   ~260                    $93,966                                           1649% on Oct 1, 2015

Vi DAC:                              ~1150                  $283,406                                        2852% on March 16, 2015

Total Reported funds contributed: $5,629,225

These numbers may not reflect all of the perks, direct invoices, etc. which may have taken place after the campaigns closed. Even with overlap, that’s 20,000+ backers from all over the world. I have a hard time believing that ~20k backers contributing ~5.6M are going to let all this just go. 

I agree with you about these products becoming “legacy”. I am fortunate in that I have the ability to move on (and I have, substituting new products which I have purchased to take the place of these “potential products” which may or may not ever show up). But while you and I may be able to tap out and take the loss as a poor investment opportunity, hard to imagine that many others will feel the same…again, nor should they.

I think if the communication were better and consisted of something other than teases like the September 5, 2018 update (noted above by John Siegel):

“We have the new Vi chassis design ready…we will post the photo of the new chassis once we receive it. It should be in three weeks.”

Promise unkept. Rather than update again on Sept 26 letting people know what’s happening, nothing happens.

In the last year regarding just Vi DAC, there have been 7 updates, and many updates address the chassis or Mr. Ho’s world travels. All tease, no meat, irregularly irregular positive reinforcement (the most addictive kind, just like gambling). When you click on the campaign Facebook links for Mr. Ho, you get https://www.facebook.com/app_scoped_user_id/660315531/ which no longer exists. Same for https://www.facebook.com/app_scoped_user_id/110875392609110/ . There is a twitter (https://twitter.com/geekbylhlabs) who’s last meaningful post was from Feb of 2017. Talk about a ruined reputation. 

(note: extra part deleted for encouragement of harassment towards journalists and LHL employees and associates)

(second note: second deletion. discussion of legal action towards LHL is not permitted on this site)

12/17/2015 was when the shipping invoices were sent out, about a year (13 months) after the GFO Geek Soul Campaign(November 2014) - before it changed into the Vi

1 person likes this
Any visuals or descriptions as to what the new chassis will look like?  Will the new chassis be applicable to the Vi DAC Tube SE?

@gery the only thing I know is that it's supposed to be more "boxy". I assume the new chassis will be for the Tube as well but I don't have any other information other than "more boxy". When we have that information, we'll post it. 

Thanks Jarek!

Jarek,

Please look at my ticket 43341

The new chassis will apply to both the Vi DAC and the Vi Tube. They're currently working on the design. They're very close to a finalized version but they're still tweaking the design. From what I've seen, it looks really cool. The "spaceship" design is gone but that's all I can really reveal at this point. 

Thanks for all the good opinions. 

The principle of new design are

1. It would be easier for people who want to direct "stack up" the Source other other device on top of Vi Chassis 2.0

2. Keep the internal chamber structure in good control so it will eliminate potential internal resonance.

3. Could fit exact the same PCBs (Vi SS has three, Vi Tube has four) 

4. Make the overall fail rate of Vi Chassis lower

We will finish up the new design soon.

Larry

I thought all the Vi Dac SS were shipped ?  

Simple from 9/3/17 update 
Vi DAc SS – 129 shipped (95%)        plus 8 shipped 11-1-17 means everything is shipped

1 person likes this

Now 6 days since this thread was created, and all "conversation" on IGG abandoned by LH Labs, and what do we have here in this channel? 

Nothing of any substance from Jarek, and absolutely zero from Larry Ho, as if anyone is surprised. 

All pf the existing questions from IGG, and other forums such as Head-Fi still stand, and no we won't bother repeating them here. Larry Ho, respond and come clean on the Vi DAC status.

Let me guess, the boards with the 2015 date on them didn't pass QC, just like the Pulse boards didn't? 

Or, the chassis production speed is slow but gaining momentum and soon it will be 25-30 units per month? Oh wait... there will be a new chassis option, just give us a few months (or years) to sort that out.

Just to give everyone a progress report: On the BigCommerce tickets, right now we're now closing in on (by tomorrow) 150 tickets that are "Open" which means that we haven't responded to yet. BUT: we were around 400 earlier, so that means we've been cranking through these and getting them answered/resolved. There are "Pending" BigCommerce tickets in the system, which just means that we are waiting on the customer response. So either way, if your BigCommerce ticket hasn't been answered yet, it will be soon-ish. Again, we've hired Natalie and we have another guy helping out as a volunteer, so these should go fairly quickly.
Any negative comments about any of ^ won't be responded to by me, as I'll be too busy working on tickets. (or at a Clutch concert, whichever comes first)

Edit: After an 16 hour day on this, we're now at 149 "Open" tickets. As the song goes: I've done it, I've had it, I'm ready for bed.

Well is 1:30pm and I am At the Portable Audio Fest. Larry want manning the booth and the Source had no music so I couldn’t listen to the Vi Tube Signature or Vi SS Signature. As you can guess due to the absence of Larry I couldn’t ask any questions either.
Forgive me if I double post pics as I can’t see what I have posted until it is approved.
Vi Pics
Last set
Somehow selected the wrong pic
Login or Signup to post a comment