Start a new topic
Answered

Source Chatter

Hi everyone, this is the first thread for the Geek Source. Please post thoughts, comments, questions, screenshots, etc. in here. We will be attending to these forums now instead of the IGG pages due to ease of use for both LHL and backers. 

Same rules as before: professional-esque discussion over the campaign and LHL is welcome. Personal attacks will not be tolerated and will be deleted. Profanity: try to keep it PG, please. 

There is no "quote" function on the forum but I am working with Freshdesk support to see if there is a workaround. But this will be infinitely better than the old system at IGG where there was no ability to edit posts, a character count, no way to post screens, etc. 

We look forward to hearing from you around the forums! 

- Jarek

Best Answer

Full pics of the Source. There are some screws missing and since I know certain people will ask if the screws will be missing when they receive that unit, no, your units will ship with all screws included. 

The gold feet got a very bad response, so they switched to shorter silver feet which were not installed for the picture. 

Also, note this the SE version, so the regular units won't have the red color, LH logo or diamond shape on the sides. 

Source 1.jpg
(39.7 KB)
Source 2.jpg
(46.4 KB)
Source 3.jpg
(46.1 KB)
Source 4.jpg
(43.9 KB)
source 5.jpg
(1.84 MB)
source 6.jpg
(1.83 MB)
source 7.jpg
(1.79 MB)

Yes, it certainly appears that LH Labs has absconded with our money. 

Please contact me via LinkedIn is you're interested in pursuing legal action.

3 people like this

Please full refund to all backers ASAP.

It is because:

1. no timeline for all products delivery;

2. the source changed the chassis which is completely not matching with Vi dac and Pulse

2. the Vi Tube dac still have some problems until now, Larry still can not fix it, even you received the Vi Dac, it can not work properly;

3. no CCX production and no timeline for delivery

4. the CS is rubbish, can not answer the questions;

5. wasting our time and money for the undeliverable products.

3 people like this

It's rather astounding that anyone would believe what LH Labs is telling us.  Nothing has been shipped, otherwise there would be at least one person validating that fact and telling us what they think of the product.  The only mission of the putative Customer Service representatives is to dole out crumbs of misinformation from time to time.  Here's a challenge for Customer Service: ask just one person to show us a photo of a delivered Geek Source.  Of course, that will never happen.  Alternately, Customer Service could host a live Web discussion to respond to their customers; of course, that will never happen.  None of us will ever see a Geek Source.

3 people like this

So the Source is Truly Dead!!!!  Wow, what a waste of our time

3 people like this

Shocking news! LH Labs (parent to Light Harmonic, incidentally) is rated F by the Better Business Bureau.  Lawsuit anyone?

3 people like this
Per my request above ... What about your Loyal Canadian supporters?

2 people like this
Or those of us who paid for Sources 5 years ago? Or how about that HP amp and 4 channel power supply why we are at it?

2 people like this

It's nice that someone received his Source, but I think all of us still waiting would appreciate an update on when we can expect our units.  Source, viDAC, Wave, etc.

2 people like this

Thank you. I know there is only a small chance of success, but could you try to ask the ones who are responsible? Can you push for some information about the regular Source units?

I am afraid that the Source will get no more attention once the few SE units are all shipped out eventually.

2 people like this

As an initial note, this is not a criticism of Jarek (it appears for some inexplicable reason, that he is not being given nor does he have access to the information we want).  

However, this is a criticism of LH Labs.  Failure to communicate in a timely and transparent way to all of the customers who have been waiting and waiting and waiting is completely unacceptable.  Many people have spent a LOT of money on one or more of these campaigns and LH Labs (although it committed to providing regular updates) has failed miserably in providing us updates on the various projects - Source, viDAC, Wave, etc.  We have no meaningful information on the status (an update that one person got a unit in Asia provides no useful information to anyone else), no information on ETA for delivery, and no further commitment from LH Labs on meeting any particular schedule.  I agree with above comments - LH Labs, whether Larry or someone else in the know, needs to get on here and provide some meaningful explanation of where all of these projects stand and commit to a timetable for getting all of us our products.  This has gone on for far too long without any information or realistic commitment from LH Labs.

2 people like this

Would Customer Service advise which countries of Asia those shipments to?

Is it Japan? Taiwan? Philippines? Thailand? Malaysia? Singapore? Vietnam? or China?

I'm backer in Hong Kong. Don't aware of any user report on LH source in the region.

LH Labs Source remains me of online fraud.

2 people like this

Question/Comment for @Larry:

I truly would appreciate if some quality photos would be released of the source SE with front and back with the output/inputs etc. also would appreciate to see the internal pcb motherboard and components along with the way it’s hooked up to rca and xlr/aes connects. And how will the Hdmi i2s be configured? ??? compatibility with various i2s Hdmi pin layouts.

- Is there a possibility to show the AOS and navigating the os to show its features. Will the roon dsp work on the source

2 people like this

What is the progress for the regular Source units? When will you ship them?

2 people like this

Note to customer service: Why don't you ask Larry Ho to make a short video explaining what is happening with the Geek Source production/shipments and post it to this site? Many of the posters on this forum have legitimate concerns about LH Labs and its promises.  On your side, you are only as good as the information you are being given.  So rather than posting a few pretty product photos from time to time and giving us information that quite frankly doesn't really help, you should ask your management to step up and provide something that is truly customer focused.  What do you say?

2 people like this

I don't trust anything LH Labs says any longer.  Customer service either provides no useful information or just lies. 

I bought a Baetis server, which sounds awesome and the customer support is second-to-none.  And it was built to order in about three weeks.

2 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment