Start a new topic
Answered

Source Chatter

Hi everyone, this is the first thread for the Geek Source. Please post thoughts, comments, questions, screenshots, etc. in here. We will be attending to these forums now instead of the IGG pages due to ease of use for both LHL and backers. 

Same rules as before: professional-esque discussion over the campaign and LHL is welcome. Personal attacks will not be tolerated and will be deleted. Profanity: try to keep it PG, please. 

There is no "quote" function on the forum but I am working with Freshdesk support to see if there is a workaround. But this will be infinitely better than the old system at IGG where there was no ability to edit posts, a character count, no way to post screens, etc. 

We look forward to hearing from you around the forums! 

- Jarek

Best Answer

Full pics of the Source. There are some screws missing and since I know certain people will ask if the screws will be missing when they receive that unit, no, your units will ship with all screws included. 

The gold feet got a very bad response, so they switched to shorter silver feet which were not installed for the picture. 

Also, note this the SE version, so the regular units won't have the red color, LH logo or diamond shape on the sides. 

Source 1.jpg
(39.7 KB)
Source 2.jpg
(46.4 KB)
Source 3.jpg
(46.1 KB)
Source 4.jpg
(43.9 KB)
source 5.jpg
(1.84 MB)
source 6.jpg
(1.83 MB)
source 7.jpg
(1.79 MB)

The regular Source is waiting on the SE to ship. Until they do there really isn't anything to update you on for the regular Source. 

He quoted the update for the regular source "when we finish the Source Signature Editions, we will begin production on the regular Source units and update everyone when that starts."

All you can do is wait. 

So I guess Shawn that means: we cannot walk and chew gum at the same time. Considering the glacial pace of your SE production we can probably await non SE delivery in 5 years

@Joshua We made that announcement in the Source official update and it was also a soft announcement in the Source comments section on IGG, You always have to check the comments section for soft announcements from me.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geek-source-the-ultimate-hd-music-server-sound/x/798192#/comments

Actually, Jarek, we shouldn't have to look in multiple places for so-called "soft" announcements.  Rather, as backers it seems reasonable that we should receive regular updates via email from LH Labs.  Further, non-SE backers are all looking for specific "hard" information as to when our non-SE Sources will be provided (since "soft" seems to translate to "no useful information").  It's absurd that LH Labs can't provide this information, and a real slap in the face to backers if no production schedule exists after almost four years.

In addition, the comments section in IGG indicated that you would not be using IGG anymore for updates so "soft announcements," whatever that means, should be in the same place as any other announcements or updates, which you indicated would be here.  

In any event, while I appreciate that an attempt is being made to have more communication, it remains woefully inadequate.  We've been waiting years (far longer than was projected) for these products so LH Labs should be making every effort to keep customers informed.  There have not been meaningful updates on the status of the non-SE Source, the Vi DAC Tube (which I am also waiting for) until very recently (and that news was not positive), and others.  I would appreciate (as I'm sure others would) the regular updates that were promised.  Thanks.

Again, we made that announcement in both a hard update and a soft update. Most of the time the "soft" announcements are, as you said, "useless" information that are little more than direct responses to very specific questions. These don't require hundreds of emails sent out, which is why they're in the comments. 

We apologize for any inconvenience. 

Hi everyone, we've had questions from people over retailers having merchandise before the backers. We've discussed this before, but this is our official response to these claims and discussions: 

1. Sales to dealers are different than IGG. They have different items, different channels of payments. IGG merchandise does NOT go to dealers. The only two that shipped at the same time were Vi Dac SS (which most or all should have already received) and the Pulse DACs. Some dealers were also IGG backers, we have some special new dealer's perk in the campaign, and we stated that before.

2. We never stated to anyone, anywhere, that all backers would receive all merchandise before dealers. That's not how the audio business runs. We lost loads of money on IGG merchandise, so we have to make it up elsewhere. This has been discussed before. We won't stop shipping to backers just because some dealer thinks Indiegogo backers got too good of a price. Also we won't stop dealers to sell our products. Pulse totally got to dealers plus Amazon less than 30. And we totally ship 2000+ Pulse DAC to backers. See the ratio?

3. The IGG Source is different than the retail version of Source, the retail version is "Source Pro" which is being sold through retailers. The retailers DO NOT WANT IGG merchandise, they want to separate too. They want their own, special, unique version.For example, one of dealers request the 256G SSD capacity with NO HDMI output and get rid of all the special jitter removal stuff. And they plan to sell dedicatedly. They want absolutely nothing to do with the IGG market. Frankly, we got lots of complaints from dealers that IGG price is conflicting with their channel.

For anyone else who is concerned about dealership sales:

4. Yosemite (our dealer in Shenzhen, China) has 0 Vi Tube. We are sending the incredibly vast majority of Vi Tube to backers. Maybe a few to a few dealers. We need to stay in business. We're losing money on IGG. We will continue to operate as a business so we can continue to bring in funds to build IGG gear so our backers can receive their merchandise. At no point did we state we would never ship or sell to anyone but backers. To anyone who was confused or not understanding how this company/business stays afloat and pays our bills, we apologize for the confusion. We will not apologize for staying in business to bring backers the gear they expect. It takes time, research, money, and resources. We are working incredibly hard on getting you what you paid for. We are thankful for the support of our backers who appreciate our products and the extra perks they received.

If anyone can buy, for example, the Indiegogo Source from any place in the world, including Yosemite in the same price he got from IGG, in the same form he got, we'll eat our $#*t. 

Still waiting on SS DAC SE.

I'm glad you are working hard but have no sympathy for LHL "losing money on IGG". That appears to be 100percent LHL's fault due to LHL's pricing and LHL's business practices which are the most inefficient I've ever witnessed anywhere. It's certainly no comfort and not surprising that you "lost loads of money on IGG merchandise". It seems to me that the quickest way to turn it around would be to begin efficiently marketing, manufacturing, shipping, and supporting working products.

@Kirk We appreciate your thoughts and comments. We aren't asking for sympathy. The issue kept getting brought up, so we simply explained. Thanks. 

The firmware issue we had previously mentioned on IGG has been taken care of and the software will be loaded onto the machines. We will update backers when we have more information over shipping. 

Dear Customer Service Update without schedule is meaningless to a seriously delayed project. No schedule means LH still lacking of confidence when things can be done. It is terrible, isn’t it?
Jarek, why do you or your colleagues say the Source is shipping when two days afterwards you have to say that it's not? Is the software on the machines? Are you shipping? 

@Chris good question. Currently re-evaluating our update practices. 

Thanks Jarek. I think a good start would be that Larry actually gives you true information that you can then publish. 

Login or Signup to post a comment