Start a new topic
Answered

Source Chatter

Hi everyone, this is the first thread for the Geek Source. Please post thoughts, comments, questions, screenshots, etc. in here. We will be attending to these forums now instead of the IGG pages due to ease of use for both LHL and backers. 

Same rules as before: professional-esque discussion over the campaign and LHL is welcome. Personal attacks will not be tolerated and will be deleted. Profanity: try to keep it PG, please. 

There is no "quote" function on the forum but I am working with Freshdesk support to see if there is a workaround. But this will be infinitely better than the old system at IGG where there was no ability to edit posts, a character count, no way to post screens, etc. 

We look forward to hearing from you around the forums! 

- Jarek

Best Answer

Full pics of the Source. There are some screws missing and since I know certain people will ask if the screws will be missing when they receive that unit, no, your units will ship with all screws included. 

The gold feet got a very bad response, so they switched to shorter silver feet which were not installed for the picture. 

Also, note this the SE version, so the regular units won't have the red color, LH logo or diamond shape on the sides. 

Source 1.jpg
(39.7 KB)
Source 2.jpg
(46.4 KB)
Source 3.jpg
(46.1 KB)
Source 4.jpg
(43.9 KB)
source 5.jpg
(1.84 MB)
source 6.jpg
(1.83 MB)
source 7.jpg
(1.79 MB)

Why is LH Labs unwilling to provide concrete information to Source backers (particularly non-SE backers) about the products we've long ago paid for? It seems highly unlikely the information is unavailable, yet with each update the news to Source backers seems to be "no news".  Common courtesy (not to mention responsible business practice and IGG terms) requires real updates.  Please provide them!

Jarek's job is an almost thankless, horrible, no good, very bad job compounded by the company LHLabs and it's chief, Mr. Ho. He is kept in the dark, as we all are, primarily, I believe, to prevent us from discovery - poor management, poor cash flow, lack of priorities, failure to acknowledge their weaknesses, fault, foibles and assorted derangements. It is a high probability that LH Labs will fold and something else will arise from the ashes (so as not to be tainted by the bad press of thousands of backers I am sure). I have spoken to Jarek a couple of times and he looks for needles in haystacks and many times comes up with those needles when the rest of us would likely throw in the towel and tell LH to go fish. IMHO, Mr. Ho seems to feel he is not accountable to any of us or to any of our money. One minute he might be in California, the next, somewhere in Far East seeking investors. Meanwhile, LH still shows products and prototypes at audio shows. I think this entire IGG debacles should be put into texts books on how not to over-extend and make promises clearly unkeepable. When all is said and done, I will NEVER purchase another one of their products and I would cation others to avoid them as well. In that dry spell over about 18 months before Jarek was hired (really, he was subcontracted), customer service was a complete joke. Now there is some feedback and some forward progress. The primary impediment to progress isn't Jarek, it's his employer. After all the conversations I have had with him, I think he is really trying to make it happen...he's just at the whim of Mr. Ho and all his secrets.

Respectfully, that's wishful thinking.  There's been ZERO progress or information for non-SE backers.  We are being treated like sh*t by LH Labs.

I don't disagree with you Paul. I think I was mainly trying to shed some light on Jarek's miserable position, and, my own progress in this debacle. By "some movement" I am not referring to anything more concrete than the progress which has been made for myself at the MyBigCommerce website where, I can state with certainty, that finally all of my pending orders are actually listed - thus, at least there is a record which lon longer lives in the murky ether of 'who knows' - where all of my various contributions have been for years. This still does not negate your point that none of us have any real idea when we will or will not get our components. I lay the blame for that squarely on Mr. Ho. This is his ship, he's in charge, he's the one who blocks any flow of information and doesn't seem to give two sh*ts about you, me or any of the hundreds or thousands of backers who financed his machine with almost nothing to show for it (save my Geek Outs). I remain somewhat astounded that LH Labs hasn't filed for bankruptcy or reorganized. I don't even want to see another promise of things to come...forget that nonsense. Just let me know when something is shipping and forget the useless promises which begin with "____ should start shipping in ____ weeks". Those only lead to further disappointment and faithlessness.

One big problem remains: If, and I do mean if, we actually get our products (I have 4 due including Source (not SE), ViDAC tube, Wave, HPA), what will we do if one of these things breaks down, malfunctions or fails to work properly out of the box? I purchased a couple of "extended warranty" plans  through IGG. Do I think those extended warranties will have meaning? Given how bad this has been with all of the secrecy, I cannot imagine there being any kind of reasonable service from LH Labs. More likely than not, if something breaks and we'll likely end up with a 4+ year in the making IGG  brick.    

Depending on which entity is endorsing the warranty extension it might not be a deadend.

I believe so.  Not fond of the shape or the red color of side heatsinks at all or the lack of spikes on the footers.  Hopefully it performs well, if we ever see them.

@John that is not a Source SE. That is a different product with different internals. 

posted by LHCommSquadNov 9, 2017 • 12:11PM

3 months ago

Source SE Shipping Photos

We started shipping on time and have pictures! 

So when will we see our units.  Supposedly they (the Source SE)  were just waiting to be assembled and tested?

Login or Signup to post a comment