Start a new topic
Answered

Source Chatter

Hi everyone, this is the first thread for the Geek Source. Please post thoughts, comments, questions, screenshots, etc. in here. We will be attending to these forums now instead of the IGG pages due to ease of use for both LHL and backers. 

Same rules as before: professional-esque discussion over the campaign and LHL is welcome. Personal attacks will not be tolerated and will be deleted. Profanity: try to keep it PG, please. 

There is no "quote" function on the forum but I am working with Freshdesk support to see if there is a workaround. But this will be infinitely better than the old system at IGG where there was no ability to edit posts, a character count, no way to post screens, etc. 

We look forward to hearing from you around the forums! 

- Jarek

Best Answer

Full pics of the Source. There are some screws missing and since I know certain people will ask if the screws will be missing when they receive that unit, no, your units will ship with all screws included. 

The gold feet got a very bad response, so they switched to shorter silver feet which were not installed for the picture. 

Also, note this the SE version, so the regular units won't have the red color, LH logo or diamond shape on the sides. 

Source 1.jpg
(39.7 KB)
Source 2.jpg
(46.4 KB)
Source 3.jpg
(46.1 KB)
Source 4.jpg
(43.9 KB)
source 5.jpg
(1.84 MB)
source 6.jpg
(1.83 MB)
source 7.jpg
(1.79 MB)

I would also very much welcome some news and activity. Mosts posts in this forum (which was supposed to be more active than the last one, especially with more replies and presence from Larry) are weeks and months old. Makes me believe that the switch to this forum was just made to silence and annoy backers.

And, based on the not 100% correct information from previous updates (how many Sources SE did ship by now, by the way?), I don't really trust anything from LHL anymore. Jarek is trying hard (thank you!) but Larry won't give him any news to share with the backers. Guess we're not important to Larry....

It's not that we are entitled to an update but they are required by IGG to update backers monthly. The IGG Terms of Use that they often quote when we ask for refunds for products promised years ago also requires LH labs to perform those updates monthly. Certainly not happening, cant remember the last real update about the HPA or LPS8. Only Source updates are 2 units floating around Asia.

@Jarek: After the boards were received you mentioned that beta testing would start on Monday (5th February) and hinted at an update following that. Do you know what is happening? What is being tested and how long is that beta test supposed to be? Thanks!

@Chris we updated that for you and everyone. 

So when can we expect our SE's to actually ship?

@Shawn I'll be sending out an email tonight to the backers. 

I didn't receive any email about shipment................one of many false alarms again.......

@Kenny sent you email. 

Information for non-SE backers hasn't been provided.  Please provide it!

@Paul nothing to report yet. We're finishing up the Signature Edition building/shipping process. When we have more information, we'll update everyone. 

I have not received any e-mail about shipment of the Source or any real update about the Source at all.  Please provide status and information re shipping.  Thanks.

@Joshua are you referring to a regular Source or a Source Signature Edition? 

I do not think I ordered a signature edition, so I guess I am referring to a "regular" Source, but at this point, I don't know what the one I ordered is called anymore.  Even if we are discussing the "regular" Source and not the signature edition, "nothing to report" is not a satisfactory answer.  I, and I'm sure all the other backers, would appreciate an update on production and shipping.  Thanks.

1 person likes this

We have made an update on the Source regular edition already: The Source Signature Editions are being built/finalized/shipped. When we finish the Source Signature Editions, we will begin production on the regular Source units and update everyone when that starts. 

Please point me to the update on the Source regular edition you reference above.  Maybe I don't know where to look, but the last thing I can find is the Geek Source Shipping Status Update [Sep-24 2017].  That's nearly five months ago.  Jarek's September 9, 2017 Update #224 indicated that the goal would be to provide monthly updates on the Source (and the other products I have backed).  If they are out there, I can't find them.  Please let me know where to find the updates.  Thanks.

Login or Signup to post a comment