Start a new topic
Answered

Source Chatter

Hi everyone, this is the first thread for the Geek Source. Please post thoughts, comments, questions, screenshots, etc. in here. We will be attending to these forums now instead of the IGG pages due to ease of use for both LHL and backers. 

Same rules as before: professional-esque discussion over the campaign and LHL is welcome. Personal attacks will not be tolerated and will be deleted. Profanity: try to keep it PG, please. 

There is no "quote" function on the forum but I am working with Freshdesk support to see if there is a workaround. But this will be infinitely better than the old system at IGG where there was no ability to edit posts, a character count, no way to post screens, etc. 

We look forward to hearing from you around the forums! 

- Jarek

Best Answer

Full pics of the Source. There are some screws missing and since I know certain people will ask if the screws will be missing when they receive that unit, no, your units will ship with all screws included. 

The gold feet got a very bad response, so they switched to shorter silver feet which were not installed for the picture. 

Also, note this the SE version, so the regular units won't have the red color, LH logo or diamond shape on the sides. 

Source 1.jpg
(39.7 KB)
Source 2.jpg
(46.4 KB)
Source 3.jpg
(46.1 KB)
Source 4.jpg
(43.9 KB)
source 5.jpg
(1.84 MB)
source 6.jpg
(1.83 MB)
source 7.jpg
(1.79 MB)

@Kirk S previous shipment for Source SE was for Asia customers. I wasn't aware of that initially. Source SE was assembled and shipped from Asian office to Asia customers. 

@Paul as far as I'm aware the software side is fine. What specifically did you want to know? 

I am not sure if WE are addressing Jarek anymore or someone from customer service.  Excited to hear things are moving on the hardware side.  I am very interested to hear how things are moving along on the software side.  Could you provide some insight on this please.

Paul

They gave this same news in Oct. 2017!!!

Modified on: Thu, 19 Oct, 2017 at 9:08 PM

Important News: We fully expect to ship out the Source SE within the next 20 days and we will post pictures when they ship. 

Once again, LH Labs' Customer Service provides Source backers no useful information.  Specifically, there's no information about: 

• How many SE Sources have shipped
  • How many SE Sources remain to be shipped
  • When SE Source production will be completed
  • When non-SE Source production will start
  • When non-SE Source backers will receive their units
I note also the disingenuous statement that "everyone wants their campaigns filled immediately".  The truth is that everyone wants the long-overdue products from the campaigns they backed years ago.   

Thank you Jarek.

I am among those who wait for a Source SE.

But a Source whitout a DAC is meaningless.

I still do support you in your position which I would not want to be right now.

I do hope we get something in the mail soon, but it seems it is another year with no deliveries ...

We will see ...

@Jeff people with the Source SE are also demanding we finish that campaign and they probably would like their Source SE before other get their Vi DAC: in short;, everyone wants their campaigns fulfilled immediately, and LHL is doing what they can, when they can, with the resources they have, with the vendors they have. The VI DAC is currently waiting on the manufacturer. I will update that when there is more information. 

@Joshua Update on Vi DAC will come when we have information. non-SE Source will happen after the SE Source units ship out. Wave is going to get an update. There are things happening on Wave that I can't discuss yet, but an update will come. I don't know when at this point. I'll post it as soon a I have that information. 

On a side note, we had yet another backer (who posts regularly on this forum) demand we STOP updates for the other backers and (all?) campaigns. 

What about updates on Vi DAC, non-SE Source, and Wave?  There are far too few updates.

OK ... still have no news on my Vi DAC ...

I understand the Source are not need completed.

But the Vi does. Why getting to the Source SE before completing the Vi deliveries?

Got myself a PC upgraded with JCAT cards, Elfidelity filters and few stuff I did myself.

Running either JRiver or Audirvana ...

I have big doubts about keeping the Source SE if it ever get to me.

so we have waited 2 months for the SOM board to complete the project?

1 person likes this

Did any units ship as promised in the last month?

1 person likes this

More of the same bullsh*t...

Magically, this update is somewhere - indiegogo has the link to the source

Source Update 9/5/18

Modified on: Wed, 5 Sep, 2018 at 3:18 AM

Hey everyone, 

Here is the latest news for this campaign: 

For the Source Signature, we have completed the Asia backers' orders shipping out from Singapore. Now we have 18 more to go in the USA and Europe.

The Toradex SOM board delayed the shipping. It should be here in two weeks, then we will finish building/shipping these SE versions out. 

Regarding the software, the current the version is already upgraded to 1.03  (originally is 1.01) which every new unit will include. Next main version 1.1 will add Roon support too. Currently the feedback from backers who received the Source are generally positive on software. But we received some good suggestions too and will add those suggestions/features in 1.04 and 1.05. 

When we have more information over the shipment and development, we'll let everyone know!

The entire LHL team

Here’s something to think about: what if the Geek Source is not being shipped because it doesn’t work as advertised! No one has received one so it’s plausible. There are tons of music streamers out there and the competition is fierce, so perhaps LH Labs swung at the ball and whiffed! Of course some may point at the Light Harmonic streamer (really a Geek Source in sheep’s clothing) recently reviewed by StereoTimes and suggest the concept works. But perhaps that was a one off. Hmmm…

Login or Signup to post a comment