Start a new topic
Answered

Source Chatter

Hi everyone, this is the first thread for the Geek Source. Please post thoughts, comments, questions, screenshots, etc. in here. We will be attending to these forums now instead of the IGG pages due to ease of use for both LHL and backers. 

Same rules as before: professional-esque discussion over the campaign and LHL is welcome. Personal attacks will not be tolerated and will be deleted. Profanity: try to keep it PG, please. 

There is no "quote" function on the forum but I am working with Freshdesk support to see if there is a workaround. But this will be infinitely better than the old system at IGG where there was no ability to edit posts, a character count, no way to post screens, etc. 

We look forward to hearing from you around the forums! 

- Jarek

Best Answer

Full pics of the Source. There are some screws missing and since I know certain people will ask if the screws will be missing when they receive that unit, no, your units will ship with all screws included. 

The gold feet got a very bad response, so they switched to shorter silver feet which were not installed for the picture. 

Also, note this the SE version, so the regular units won't have the red color, LH logo or diamond shape on the sides. 

Source 1.jpg
(39.7 KB)
Source 2.jpg
(46.4 KB)
Source 3.jpg
(46.1 KB)
Source 4.jpg
(43.9 KB)
source 5.jpg
(1.84 MB)
source 6.jpg
(1.83 MB)
source 7.jpg
(1.79 MB)

@Larry: In addition to the I2S label you better add the 12V labels for both power inputs. Not that users are complaining why their Sources won't work anymore after bring powered with a wrong-voltage-power supply.

1 person likes this

See the LPS option for power makes me want my LPS so much more :(

Voltage and Amperage labels
Jarek said no LPS before Pulse Infinity done..... use cheap switching mode power supply and keep Waiting
Please, please no red side panels (heat sinks) on my SE,  Black (preferably) or gunmetal grey.

Just to give everyone a progress report: On the BigCommerce tickets, right now we're now closing in on (by tomorrow) 150 tickets that are "Open" which means that we haven't responded to yet. BUT: we were around 400 earlier, so that means we've been cranking through these and getting them answered/resolved. There are "Pending" BigCommerce tickets in the system, which just means that we are waiting on the customer response. So either way, if your BigCommerce ticket hasn't been answered yet, it will be soon-ish. Again, we've hired Natalie and we have another guy helping out as a volunteer, so these should go fairly quickly.
Any negative comments about any of ^ won't be responded to by me, as I'll be too busy working on tickets. (or at a Clutch concert, whichever comes first)

Edit: After an 16 hour day on this, we're now at 149 "Open" tickets. As the song goes: I've done it, I've had it, I'm ready for bed.

"Voltage and Amperage labels"

should also have polarity diagram

Source pics from Portable Audio Festival in Tokyo today.
Thanks for that, Frederick. I assume this was a Source SE, or? Do you know if SE owners can choose between blue and red sides of the chassis? Read your comment on the ViDac chatter thread that the Source is kind of unresponsive. Not good... And not showing their own USB cable? Hmm....
Marflao, I have no idea if that was the SE or not. Since the SE’s are supposed to be the first ones out the door and companies usually show their flagships at events like this, I would assume this was an SE. I didn’t peer into the top vent on the other side to see if there was anything else that was telling. The front, tops and sides all appeared to be billet aluminum and sounded like they had some heft when tapped with my knuckle so they are probably flat on the inside.

The red looks better with the black. I'd like to see what the blue looks like with the case in Silver

What's the blue for, I thought Red was the SE's?

Dear Jarek,

A promise has been made that all the SE versions would be shipped in 4 (15 pieces) to 6 weeks (remaining 10). Now we are in week 5 and we have no SE backers reporting in to have received either a shipping notice or the actual product. Are we again looking at empty promises and /or will receive yet another excuse?

As you can see in my BigCommerce account i have put a s***load of money toward LHLabs products, but to date I have very little to show for it. Except promises of progress and delivery being broken again and again. My journey started on October 29, 2013, mind you. Before the summer of 2016 LHLabs suggested to have a firm schedule to deliver both the Source and Vidac and it would then move the focus to the Wave. Yet 18 months later I still do not have any proof that LHLabs will deliver. A few pics of Source cases and Vidac cases simply does not proof anything (anymore). Is LHLab finally going to live up to its reputation of a seasoned dac manufacturer and how is LHLab going to do this without disappointing us in the future?

On a final note could you let us know when we should worry that the Pulse HPA is still not showing in BigCommerce. We were told this information would be added to the site over the coming weeks. Since mine has not been added to date and weeks have passed, please give us a final date after which we can raise a ticket if our pledges have still not shown up.

BTW I appreciate your work and communication. I hope you stick around even though it may be very frustrating at times.

If anyone has any items (HPA, Vi DAC, Wave, etc.) not showing in the system, submit a ticket and we'll fix it. 

As far as the SE and Wave boards, I'm waiting for a response on that and I'm sure we'll have some sort of update for those backers. 

I would like to hear more about Matthijs Broekman's question. How many Sources were really shipped out by now? 

To me Greek Source is a product that I don't dare to use it anymore. But still LH Lab should send us the machine  as promise asap. Apparently "promise" means differently in LH dictionary. It has been the 4th Christmas!

名譽掃地 is for Larry Ho. Mr. Ho reads Chinese, doesn't he? 

Login or Signup to post a comment