Start a new topic
Answered

Source Chatter

Hi everyone, this is the first thread for the Geek Source. Please post thoughts, comments, questions, screenshots, etc. in here. We will be attending to these forums now instead of the IGG pages due to ease of use for both LHL and backers. 

Same rules as before: professional-esque discussion over the campaign and LHL is welcome. Personal attacks will not be tolerated and will be deleted. Profanity: try to keep it PG, please. 

There is no "quote" function on the forum but I am working with Freshdesk support to see if there is a workaround. But this will be infinitely better than the old system at IGG where there was no ability to edit posts, a character count, no way to post screens, etc. 

We look forward to hearing from you around the forums! 

- Jarek

Best Answer

Full pics of the Source. There are some screws missing and since I know certain people will ask if the screws will be missing when they receive that unit, no, your units will ship with all screws included. 

The gold feet got a very bad response, so they switched to shorter silver feet which were not installed for the picture. 

Also, note this the SE version, so the regular units won't have the red color, LH logo or diamond shape on the sides. 

Source 1.jpg
(39.7 KB)
Source 2.jpg
(46.4 KB)
Source 3.jpg
(46.1 KB)
Source 4.jpg
(43.9 KB)
source 5.jpg
(1.84 MB)
source 6.jpg
(1.83 MB)
source 7.jpg
(1.79 MB)

@EVERYONE we expect to ship 10-15 this month of the SE. We got some good feedback from the users who received their units already, and are implementing those suggestions into the new firmware update which will be easily downloadable and upgradeable through the unit. 

How many units have already shipped out?

Firmware can be upgraded by us, why are we waiting till the 15th for that when some people already have their units? Why do I have to wait?

@Shawn. We expect to ship out 10-15 units by the end of the month. 2 have shipped out.  Not the 15th of the month. We sent the email on the 13th of November and stated 4-6 weeks, so the end of the month will be 6-7 weeks, with that extra week for breathing space. We are going to have additional help on staff to build the units so they will be built fast and we expect to hit that mark. We will make announcements to backers as units ship. 

1 person likes this

Thanks. I hope mine is one of the 10-15

For shipping updates please choose your words carefully so as not to get our hopes up.

Actually make that for all updates, it will cut down on some of the anger if we were provided with more details

That still leaves around 7 to ship in the new year. Knowing my luck I'll get the last one.

Announcing that they were shipping was very misleading, specially now learning only 2 have even been built and shipped. 

Thank you for the honest update, now I have a clearer expectation of when I'll see mine

I have 2 different emails for Larry,sent the question to both.

Questions for @Larry: 

Do you have a contract that allows equipment level MQA translation?

How about Tidal support - up and running? How about Roon compatibility?

- What is the format for music and genres and performers etc. that should be loaded onto the Source?

- Does your software use an internet database to update all the metadata?

I note that Roon lists LHLabs as an approved Roon vendor. Which products that you make are Roon ready? Will Source be capable of running a Roon core?

If I get a NUC to run Room Rock how will that interface with the Source? Or should I run Roon Core on the Source and skip the Rock version?

will the oneTB Source version run Roon and use the ViDac as an endpoint?

Hi, there

Here is my answer

Do you have a contract that allows equipment level MQA translation?

Yes. We already have the contract with MQA. 

How about Tidal support - up and running? How about Roon compatibility?

Roon will be able to run on Source. That is the major milestone for firmware 2.0

Tidal support will be inside the Roon as first step. And separate support will be added later.

- What is the format for music and genres and performers etc. that should be loaded onto the Source?

It should be add in the standard tag inside music file format. We will have another dedicate session for this part in another FAQ content.

- Does your software use an internet database to update all the metadata?

We have internal database for album art and other bigger size of meta data. But we keep the smaller size of meta data within the original music file there.

Also, we have a fast Database Index system to make search faster! 

I note that Roon lists LHLabs as an approved Roon vendor. Which products that you make are Roon ready? Will Source be capable of running a Roon core?

Yes. We work closely with Roon and actually we have several good Roon users as myself inside engineering team. Currently Pulse, Vi DAC, Geek Out, Geek Out V2, GO2A, GO2Pro... are all Roon supported.

If I get a NUC to run Room Rock how will that interface with the Source? Or should I run Roon Core on the Source and skip the Rock version?

Yes. NUC with ROCK will work with Source nicely. Actually Roon's structure on home audio environment is quite flexible. But due to many variables and different configurations of NUC. We could only think most of that will work. If more and more people use NUC, we will know that better.

will the oneTB Source version run Roon and use the ViDac as an endpoint?

Yes. That is the point.

Larry

How will we install Roon on the Source?

Answer

Full pics of the Source. There are some screws missing and since I know certain people will ask if the screws will be missing when they receive that unit, no, your units will ship with all screws included. 

The gold feet got a very bad response, so they switched to shorter silver feet which were not installed for the picture. 

Also, note this the SE version, so the regular units won't have the red color, LH logo or diamond shape on the sides. 

Source 1.jpg
(39.7 KB)
Source 2.jpg
(46.4 KB)
Source 3.jpg
(46.1 KB)
Source 4.jpg
(43.9 KB)
source 5.jpg
(1.84 MB)
source 6.jpg
(1.83 MB)
source 7.jpg
(1.79 MB)

Where's the gold feet? 

What is the timeframe for delivery of the non-SE version, please?

@Paul we have no timeframe yet. When we have that information, we'll share that with everyone. 

This is enormously frustrating! After 3-1/2 years and with the SE in production, it seems LH Labs should be able to provide information to those of us who elected the standard version.

The I2S output port should label as I2S instead of HDMI as its not standard HDMI output, people connected to TV set or receiver may cause support problem
Login or Signup to post a comment