Start a new topic
Answered

Source Chatter

Hi everyone, this is the first thread for the Geek Source. Please post thoughts, comments, questions, screenshots, etc. in here. We will be attending to these forums now instead of the IGG pages due to ease of use for both LHL and backers. 

Same rules as before: professional-esque discussion over the campaign and LHL is welcome. Personal attacks will not be tolerated and will be deleted. Profanity: try to keep it PG, please. 

There is no "quote" function on the forum but I am working with Freshdesk support to see if there is a workaround. But this will be infinitely better than the old system at IGG where there was no ability to edit posts, a character count, no way to post screens, etc. 

We look forward to hearing from you around the forums! 

- Jarek

Best Answer

Full pics of the Source. There are some screws missing and since I know certain people will ask if the screws will be missing when they receive that unit, no, your units will ship with all screws included. 

The gold feet got a very bad response, so they switched to shorter silver feet which were not installed for the picture. 

Also, note this the SE version, so the regular units won't have the red color, LH logo or diamond shape on the sides. 

Source 1.jpg
(39.7 KB)
Source 2.jpg
(46.4 KB)
Source 3.jpg
(46.1 KB)
Source 4.jpg
(43.9 KB)
source 5.jpg
(1.84 MB)
source 6.jpg
(1.83 MB)
source 7.jpg
(1.79 MB)

at one point someone had a review sample of a source pro, what is happening with that?

at one point there were hints an upgraded power supply was going to be included because of the delay is this still the case?

is it a Roon endpoint?

Thanks John Siegel!
Hi Customer Service, Has anything shipped in the last two weeks, and is anything expected to ship in the next two weeks?

I am confused what customer service is asking.  Is this Q&A session a live one and if so when, or are we supposed to ask a questions and they will answer.  If it is questions they want.  My first concern is sound quality.  I decided to invest in the source instead of an Auralic aeries and that product is now 4 years old and being surpassed by higher quality streamers.  It has been said that there are working units out there, I would love to know what the feedback has been.  Has all this waiting been worth it?

Paul 

Hi Customer Service, Do you mean you won’t answer the question about shipment?

Post your questions you’d like to see answered in a Q&A session. Keep in mind: 
Any questions you submit may or may not be edited (or included) for brevity, clarity, and for civility.

Good morning customer service. Have any sources shipped in 1st half of February?

you should probably just change your message to:

has anything shipped in the last two weeks, and is anything expected to ship in the next two weeks?

then you can copy and paste every two weeks

Good morning customer service. Have any sources shipped in 1st half of February?

for those that gave up on indiegogo comments,

seems like there is another big problem brewing - hard drive failure/upgrade:

have to be sent back to factory for special format/purchase

Jon3 days ago

Mixture of pentagon and Phillips screws, it’s openable if you have a decent toolkit. Not sure you want to disturb the internal drive, it’s formatted in ext4 format and has a very specific layout which it expects to see. I am not sure if one can successfully format and layout an internal drive and have it working. I tried an ext4 external formatted drive and dropped music files just to see them being wiped out. I figured a way to make it work so at least you can have an external drive available.

LHCommSquadCampaigner9 days ago

Due to formatting the hard drives to Ext4, the Sources will be sent back to LHL for any hard drive changes.

good morning customer service.  have any sources shipped in January?

Note to customer service: Why don't you ask Larry Ho to make a short video explaining what is happening with the Geek Source production/shipments and post it to this site? Many of the posters on this forum have legitimate concerns about LH Labs and its promises.  On your side, you are only as good as the information you are being given.  So rather than posting a few pretty product photos from time to time and giving us information that quite frankly doesn't really help, you should ask your management to step up and provide something that is truly customer focused.  What do you say?

2 people like this

As an initial note, this is not a criticism of Jarek (it appears for some inexplicable reason, that he is not being given nor does he have access to the information we want).  

However, this is a criticism of LH Labs.  Failure to communicate in a timely and transparent way to all of the customers who have been waiting and waiting and waiting is completely unacceptable.  Many people have spent a LOT of money on one or more of these campaigns and LH Labs (although it committed to providing regular updates) has failed miserably in providing us updates on the various projects - Source, viDAC, Wave, etc.  We have no meaningful information on the status (an update that one person got a unit in Asia provides no useful information to anyone else), no information on ETA for delivery, and no further commitment from LH Labs on meeting any particular schedule.  I agree with above comments - LH Labs, whether Larry or someone else in the know, needs to get on here and provide some meaningful explanation of where all of these projects stand and commit to a timetable for getting all of us our products.  This has gone on for far too long without any information or realistic commitment from LH Labs.

2 people like this

Larry needs to demonstrate some testicular fortitude and actually get on these forums to face his backers and their questions before someone puts ink to paper and develops a screenplay for the "LH LABS: Anatomy of a $5M kickstarter campaign failure" short film which would be distributed to every audio show worldwide.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment