Start a new topic
Answered

Source Chatter

Hi everyone, this is the first thread for the Geek Source. Please post thoughts, comments, questions, screenshots, etc. in here. We will be attending to these forums now instead of the IGG pages due to ease of use for both LHL and backers. 

Same rules as before: professional-esque discussion over the campaign and LHL is welcome. Personal attacks will not be tolerated and will be deleted. Profanity: try to keep it PG, please. 

There is no "quote" function on the forum but I am working with Freshdesk support to see if there is a workaround. But this will be infinitely better than the old system at IGG where there was no ability to edit posts, a character count, no way to post screens, etc. 

We look forward to hearing from you around the forums! 

- Jarek

Best Answer

Full pics of the Source. There are some screws missing and since I know certain people will ask if the screws will be missing when they receive that unit, no, your units will ship with all screws included. 

The gold feet got a very bad response, so they switched to shorter silver feet which were not installed for the picture. 

Also, note this the SE version, so the regular units won't have the red color, LH logo or diamond shape on the sides. 

Source 1.jpg
(39.7 KB)
Source 2.jpg
(46.4 KB)
Source 3.jpg
(46.1 KB)
Source 4.jpg
(43.9 KB)
source 5.jpg
(1.84 MB)
source 6.jpg
(1.83 MB)
source 7.jpg
(1.79 MB)

In New Math is 46 > 20?

Projected SE Shipping Timeframe - 10/19/17

Modified on: Fri, 20 Oct, 2017 at 12:08 AM

Important News: We fully expect to ship out the Source SE within the next 20 days and we will post pictures when they ship. 

Items done/finalized: 

1. Spinning Drive - Toshiba 5TB Mechanical Hard Drive 

2. SSD - Samsung 850

3. Packaging materials

Still in Process: 

1. Roon Firmware

2. iOS Remote Control Software

Larry and the team are very excited to ship this out after finalization. The minute I have more information on shipments, I'll be posting that for everyone. 

Hi Jarek if you asking for self discipline then better take away the censorship, there are no censorship in IGG.

There is actually censorship in IGG and it was never utilized except in one instance where personal attacks were launched. 

John, you'll see your post was approved. I'm not here to keep challenges to the corporate line out. 

Jarek,
Still can't sign in the normal way. My computers Virus protection won't let me sign in.

I'm will be away from my current address for 3-4 months. I leave January 3. When should I change my shipping information? Do you think the source SE will be before shipped then? The original statement was Source SE shipping in 20 days. I picked my color. Waiting SS Vi DAC SE, Premium Wave and Dock.
Cheers,
BJ Hammell

When can i actually expect my SE? 3 weeks now since you "started shipping" yet no word since the first email 3 weeks ago. How much longer?

@BJ is your new place able to hold your unit until you get there? Best I can do is get a rough estimate. 

@Shawn I'm asking Larry for information. 

@BJ I recommend contacting Larry directly via email over that question. 

Question/Comment for @Larry:

I truly would appreciate if some quality photos would be released of the source SE with front and back with the output/inputs etc. also would appreciate to see the internal pcb motherboard and components along with the way it’s hooked up to rca and xlr/aes connects. And how will the Hdmi i2s be configured? ??? compatibility with various i2s Hdmi pin layouts.

- Is there a possibility to show the AOS and navigating the os to show its features. Will the roon dsp work on the source

2 people like this

Dear Jarek, 

Just a practical question. I live in Belgium but ordered source and wave shipped to USA. This way there are no shipping charges or nasty importation procedures\fees and my friends could bring stuff from USA to Belgium. I have recently hear you might have possibility to ship from Germany or other place in Europe. If I would change my shipping address to Belgian one, would this work? Cause when you ship something inside Europe there are no extra procedures, taxes or fees to deal with.

Thanks!

@arunas Potentially yes, but Larry would need to address that. @Larry

(there's no tagging in this forum, so we have to just pretend)

If you send the items to my address before Jan 1 everything is fine. When I travel I will need to give you another address.

What's larry's email? Has it changed?

Larry's email is the same as it was. Do you have it? 

Larry was emailing me last summer about the Source SE and matching the SS VIDAC SE. If it's the same as last year I have it.
Thanks!!

Login or Signup to post a comment