Start a new topic

General Comments/Questions

Hi everyone, I am opening a thread here for all IGG backers (and other guests) to comment on the project, ask questions, post screenshots if needed, etc. As I explained in IGG, this will be a much easier place to hold discussion. The character count is unlimited, alerts to LHL staff will be given on new posts, and you can edit posts as well. I'm currently checking with FreshDesk staff on how to allow quotes on the forum. 

Again, same rules as before via IGG: the only time a post will be deleted is if it gets into personal attack territory. If you discuss LHL business practices, I don't have a problem with that. 

We look forward to hearing from you and advancing the conversation! 

- Jarek

1 person has this question

@Chris According to what I've been told, the 20G board is a 10G USB cable with a Lightspeed Revive integrated into it. 

Wait, where is your order supposed to show up? This includes the geek wave too right

@Patty They show up in your BigCommerce account here: 

http://marketplace-lhlabs.com

Open up a ticket and send me all of your receipt information and billing/shipping/phone number because I don't see you in my system as having an order. (It probably got lost in the system transition) When I get those, I can rebuild your invoice and send it to you. 

I watched the video of Wave's UI, and have one question.

When an album consists of two disks, can Wave handle these properly in its album view?

(Good)

Song1 of disk1

Song2 of disk1

Song3 of disk1

Song1 of disk2

Song2 of disk2

(NG)

Song1 of disk1

Song1 of disk2

Song2 of disk1

Song2 of disk2

Song3 of disk1

The boards are still in the hardware testing phase. There were some minor issues with voltages/current found that Larry is actively working on fixing. Assuming all goes well with that, the boards will be sent over to the software guys in Berkeley. No exact timeline on the fixes, but Larry doesn't seem too concerned with the hardware issues and expects everything to fully work fine once tweaked. 

Larry is in Asia again as of tonight, working on wrapping things up with the Wave components (battery, screen, etc.) and manufacturers. When I have more information, I’ll be sure to share it with everyone immediately. Not sure how long he's planning to stay over there, maybe a month? I am actively working on getting updates, and will post those when I have them. 

He is also working on visiting and/or checking the Pulse factory and making sure their production run is good for the new Pulse units. I have not been given any updates on the current run yet. I am actively working on obtaining them. When I have more info on this, I'll update that as well.

Also, the Wave boards are at the software team now. If I hear anything, I'll post it.

Follow the link for an answer on the sound quality of the 2A models vs the Geek Wave models:

https://support.lhlabs.com/discussions/topics/13000019795/page/last#post_13000084946

Sam story, I opened a support ticket last year about my Pulse Infinity that died for no reason.  No response! 

Larry is coming back to the U.S. now and the manufacturer is now fitting the screen. When I have more information or more of an “official” update, I’ll post that.

Larry is in Asia again working on all company projects – IGG and others that will bring revenue to the company so LH can finish the IGG campaigns in a smoother fashion. He’s hit 4 cities in 4 days and sounds tired and unhappy to be away from his family when we phone, so I know he’s working his butt off for you guys.

The trip is going well and he’s in constant meetings when not in the car or plane.

IGG projects continue to progress at home and in other locations. Will update more later as soon as I have details. 

So there IS a revenue issue ...

I do not know who's strategy drove the company in this situation but this person should at least acknowledge his mistake and apologies because it puts us all in a bad situation.

I think the worst one is to point at Larry. Even if he should have looked into it and avoid the disaster, I do not beleive he is the real culprit in all this.

Well I hope he succeed and manage to get things running again.

For my part, as I said before, I would agree on any downgrade, uniformisation etc. that would help speeding thing up so we can get our order. Even at the cost of spec changes.

1 person likes this

We are still working on the Wave screen display speed. When I have further progress updates, I’ll post them for everyone.

In other news, investors from Asia are flying to San Francisco this week to meet with Larry and discuss business opportunities to grow/expand the business so IGG projects can be finished in a more rapid fashion.

1 person likes this

Here are the latest software progress updates: 

(1) HD music file new cache system. (So if big SD card is used inside, we can cache the index file better)

(2) Internal music player server got a better upgrade for faster sample output and more reliability

(3) We are making charging speed faster (which is software controlled), but not too fast to potentially kill the battery in short term

(4) Generated album cover art got more reliable for different formats and faster

(5) Roon support is in good progress too. Roon is updating some kernel library that we just successfully integrated into our code base.

Thanks! We'll keep you updated on the progress!

Larry, Jarek, and rest of team

Any update??

Login or Signup to post a comment