Start a new topic

General Comments/Questions

Hi everyone, I am opening a thread here for all IGG backers (and other guests) to comment on the project, ask questions, post screenshots if needed, etc. As I explained in IGG, this will be a much easier place to hold discussion. The character count is unlimited, alerts to LHL staff will be given on new posts, and you can edit posts as well. I'm currently checking with FreshDesk staff on how to allow quotes on the forum. 

Again, same rules as before via IGG: the only time a post will be deleted is if it gets into personal attack territory. If you discuss LHL business practices, I don't have a problem with that. 

We look forward to hearing from you and advancing the conversation! 

- Jarek

1 person has this question

That is just to fulfill IGG requirements. I suggest you do some research...it is all a smokescreen.

If you can provide some links to information, that would be beneficial, but for now, I'll not don the tinfoil hat yet.  Yours looks nice though....

Links aren't permitted on these forums...I'm sure you can google....best of luck! Everyone else knows what's going on....give it a try!!

try these:

bit.ly/2IZjmUN

bit.ly/2PHzZF4

as you can see....LHLabs is a total gong show...happy reading!

Hi There. I appreciate that you are continuing the hard work on the Geek Wave project. I trust that it will survive the tough pregnancy and be finally delivered. :-). May I ask that as technology has progressed since the beginning, will you have Bluetooth AptX HD and LL? As this should be a top unit, these specs should keep it up to date with the current technology. Thank You from Switzerland.
Norman...I hope you realize that this unit is half a decade late. You should also know that LHLabs is essentially bankrupt and will only receive funds from parent company Light Harmonic when affordable. There is also the potential of legal action against the company. You should not expect ever getting your unit. This is true for all of their IGG campaigns. Total fiasco.
@Bill. Thanks for your message. I truly hope that they just finish the products. Taking this through legal will put the Parent company in very bad standing after the reputation hit. People will stop buying from them, even for supposedly decent products because there will be no trust that they could fulfill on the after sales needs.
Their reputation has already been hit as they largely sell in Asia now. Their IGG products will most certainly be out of date if they deliver...and if they do it will be on a piecemeal basis over many years. You also mention after sales needs....I'm taking you meant warranty. Given that they have no funds to make units, they will be unlikely able to provide warranty service. I'm not interested in getting a wave. I only want a refund.

1 person likes this

I really should've pushed for that refund when they mentioned they weren't going to make any more Wave 32. But they gave me the upgrade for free when I mentioned I couldn't pay for it, so I tried to believe in them back then. Lost all hope now. 

Hi Patty, I honestly doubt that they could afford giving any refund. Any unit that they actually deliver would result in some margin. That would normally be preferable to refunds. The other argument is that if they actually started down the path of refunds, they would immediately get into trouble with their other customers. I just hope they deliver....better late than never. BTW, costs of DAPs being designed and produced in China are peanuts these days. Perhaps they don’t have all of the bells and whistles that we were originally promised, but as a comparison we are definitely suffering these days.
@Jarek and Larry. Would you be so kind to affirm that us having hope is not a sign of stupidity? I have 3 units ordered, and had promised a unit each to my 2 sons many moons ago. I’m a bit embarrassed as a father, but still am hoping to come through to my promise to them.

1 person likes this
Norman...it his highly unlikely you will get a response. LHL has all but abandoned these forums. You should check out the main thread at headfi and audiophilesyle for detailed info about this mess. They have blown millions without any oversight.
Login or Signup to post a comment