Start a new topic

General Comments/Questions

Hi everyone, I am opening a thread here for all IGG backers (and other guests) to comment on the project, ask questions, post screenshots if needed, etc. As I explained in IGG, this will be a much easier place to hold discussion. The character count is unlimited, alerts to LHL staff will be given on new posts, and you can edit posts as well. I'm currently checking with FreshDesk staff on how to allow quotes on the forum. 

Again, same rules as before via IGG: the only time a post will be deleted is if it gets into personal attack territory. If you discuss LHL business practices, I don't have a problem with that. 

We look forward to hearing from you and advancing the conversation! 

- Jarek

1 person has this question

It is interesting that posts need to be approved before appearing. Why is that message popping up?

It's a Freshdesk thing. I'll have to look into it. Sometimes it has me approve posts, other times it doesn't. I'll have to do some experiments or research into it. 

Hi Jarek, Thanks for your reply regarding the board shipping just a follow up you have said that it is supposed to arrive in 5 days and then in next paragraph you have written it will arrive in 10 ? Also, if I am correct we are reading about this shipment for more than a month now! Also, I think it’s a good time for a detailed update as it has been quite a few months now without an update. As I am sure the board is in shipment but rest of the tram is still work and haven’t been just waiting for the board to come ?

If we don't receive the boards in the estimated 10 day timeframe, I'll make a post update. The factory is very late. That's why we've been waiting forever to receive them. @Larry would need to discuss the details of the new factory we hired. Everything else on the Waves are ready to go. Just need the boards to slap in and load up with software. 

Thanks. I guess we want to know if there has been a CONFIRMED ship date. I'm really hoping LHL knows this. If not, this would be totally bizarre. If you don't know, then it is ok to say so, just please ask Larry...I'm hoping he would know.

We have another DAP on Indiegogo, the HiBy R6

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hiby-r6-worlds-most-advanced-android-hi-fi-player-music/x/9580542#/

They are making the claim of being able to deliver their rewards in March and April 2018, and they have completed 2 prototypes, will you be able to deliver the Wave to your backers no later than April 2018.

If I can get a confirmed ship date on the Wave boards (if they shipped already or if they ship after this post) I'll let you all know. 

@Scott we have no date at this point and we try not to speculate on dates until they're locked down. When we have more information, we'll let you know. 

LHL has never provided a "locked down" date for anything in this campaign. We can't even get a date for the beta. The delays are already way past what I think is reasonable. Can't blame you, Jarek, but I'm not hopeful I'll see my Wave 64 for at least a year.

What battery is being used? At one point, Larry did not have a steady supply of batteries/and/or a decision as to their size.

What size is the battery?

Has a supplier been sourced to provide the batteries and can they manufactuer the numbers needed?

The size of battery is 3200mAh for normal version. 4500mAh for Dual DAC/X/DAD version.

Larry

@ Larry:

Regarding the battery sizes: is my understanding correct that once someone has backed the "dual dac upgrade" perk he will get the bigger battery in his Wave? 

@ Larry:

Many moons ago Manny provided the following pic regrading the different Waves topologies:

Would a X128 w the Dual Dac upgrade look like this:

So the "only" differences to the XD pic would be the single IV and LPF & Amp sections, or?

I don´t know if this has already been discussed anywhere hence another question regarding the Wave specs. 

In the specs table shown here it appears to me that the Dual Femtos won´t be available for the WAVEs 64/128/X128.

Is this really the case since some of us have paid for the corresponding perk although not backing a XD 128?

Can you pls shed some light on this?

Thanks. 

I think it would be useful to post the specifications for all units. I think many have forgotten them. Also, since the week is up, is there any news on the beta boards?
Login or Signup to post a comment