LH Labs Mission Statement Update - 9/9/17

Hi everyone,

I'm Jarek and I'm the newest member of the Customer Service / Communication team. I have 10 years of Customer Service oriented background, and I'm eager to help out here.

I'm an LH Labs fan and I've got several of their Geek Out products. Larry asked for someone who was well versed in communication and so I volunteered my time and he excitedly accepted. I do live in the midwest and so I'll be helping out remotely in CST. I'm here to help you guys and grease the flow of communication.

I'm well aware of the issues facing the communication aspect between LH and the community. I'm also aware of the Customer Service issues the community has spoken up about. I've addressed at length with Larry the situation, and I'm hopeful we can build ways to help restore confidence in this company and help bring a sense of relief and confidence to the community.

We are exploring options to provide better channels of customer communication. We're also looking to revamp our activity and participation on our Facebook and the LH Forums. I am fully aware that efforts in the past to direct communication to these avenues have not been met with very much success. We hope to change that immediately, and we hope you give us the opportunity to show we're serious. We are going to actively monitor (and respond!) to our Facebook page and our forum. Hopefully in the future we can speak to you guys in other, more immediate ways as well!

Larry and I are going to work extremely hard on timely, accurate updates. We realize how important they are and that you placed your trust in us to deliver a product. You deserve to know what is happening with your money. We hope to be timely and are looking at simplifying the updates as well instead of doing targeted emails (we understand the complaints). Our goal for each is below:

Geek Wave: Bi-weekly (Sundays)

Geek Pulse: Monthly (date tbd)

Vi Dac: Monthly (date tbd)

Geek Source: Monthly (date tbd)

Pulse Analog: Monthly (date tbd)

Please note: there are some theories floating around that the new monthly updates coming from LH Labs are only due to new IGG rules. This isn't true – this was in the works right after I came on board, before the new IGG rules were unveiled. As long as I was employed, this was going to happen regardless. We are actively working on making this project better because we want to and it's what the backers deserve and are demanding. Obviously, we also welcome the new IGG rules for us and all campaigns on the platform.  

Larry, I and the rest of our team know our customers are the most important aspect of our business. Without our customers, we cease to exist. We have a wonderful community and we appreciate you guys, no matter what it has looked like in the past. We realize that things have not gone smoothly in the past in regards to keeping the backers updated and responded to. We're very sorry for those issues. We're taking corrective action and we are going in a more proactive direction instead of retreading the old reactive course. 

I do ask that everyone be patient as we transition into this new phase, and also please be patient with me as I transition into this position. I'm new so it may take a little while to fully get into the full swing of things and learn about the back-end system and navigate the community. I'll be around the forums (IGG, LH Forums and Head-Fi mainly) interacting and helping out in any way I can. I'll be relaying information back and forth between the company and the community as swiftly and efficiently as possible. I'll be working directly alongside Larry and hope to have a great interaction with the rest of the team. I hope we (myself, the community, and LH Labs) can build a relationship that is lasting and strong.

We do ask that any specific questions over the campaigns or tickets be brought to our Facebook and LH Forums. We definitely are not trying to shut down any communication or conversation here, but due to the way the IGG site works, it's just much easier to respond to individual requests through those channels.

Please feel free to continue commenting here, but we will be interacting more on the LH Labs Forum and Facebook. Please understand the software in those channels is easier and more user friendly.

We are also aware of the rumors and speculations in IGG comments and on various audio forums. We're currently working to address those in at least one future post and clarify some of the more popular misconceptions regarding LH, LH Labs and the campaign/business. We are actively moving towards more transparency regarding this entire venture. 

We will be reaching out to our backers individually as we find mentions of egregious Customer Service/ticket errors. We may not be able to get to everyone individually, but we will be working as earnestly as possible to get in touch with individuals who comment on the forums about persistent issues. We appreciate your patience as we start that process.

Once again, I'm really excited to be here for you guys! We look forward to hearing from and serving the community. Larry is very excited to help bring these projects to a close and into your hands. I'll be around the forums and helping out with questions on a regular basis in any way possible. Everyone loves a comeback story and we hope you'll allow this to become ours.

- Jarek

Links:

http://lhlabs.com/forum/

https://www.facebook.com/geekbylhlabs/

1 person likes this

@Adam we're incredibly short-staffed right now. We have 1 person in tech support right now. We're not ignoring you, we just don't have the manpower at this point. I'll check again for you to see if it can be worked on. 

How do i get Dac repaired?

@Maurice you are welcome to submit a ticket through our Freshdesk forum and it will be sent to the tech team for review/response/action, etc. 

Good luck with this. I submitted a ticket last fall and have tried many times to get ANYONE to contact me. Has never happened. LH Labs has NO SUPPORT for their products.

1 person likes this

This ^^

tried the ticket support page but was denied submission so:

Hi folks,

after 3 years of good use my Geek Pulse now fails to show up in the LH control panel on both my windows and mac machines, it powers up normal, volume knob and menu on the unit work fine but the usb connection is gone, On trying to reinstall the windows drivers it does not see the device plugged in, same with my mac where it does not appear in the sound panel. I've changed the usb cable to no avail... any suggestions?

I have had this unit repaired on tickets 7660 and 8099 some 3 years ago after it had problems with the volume control on initial delivery, since then it has worked faultlessly until a little while ago.. I miss my Geek :P

please advise

regards,

André

turtlejamm@gmail.com

Same exact problem here. My main firmware also shows 0.0 when it powers up; does yours?

I'm almost on half a year now with an open ticket regarding this issue and no traction whatsoever. 

Good luck on trying to get this one repaired; might as well throw it in the trash!

Hi Adam, ahhh so it goes like that.. wasn't too keen after seeing the latest forum action, just wondering who's doing the facebok stuff. Yes, main firmware sez 0.0.. wtf happened there? At least I can still use it as my monitor stand but sheesh. Just bought a tiny 7$ usb hub with inbuilt soundcard as a backup so no-one will really know, no drivers required at all, it's a blast but I miss the large output of the geekbox even with its weird knob lag. So much for the comeback story.. LARRY!!! Can I git a witness ???

If I was in your situation, I would go through the steps of rewriting the firmware back to the unite

https://support.lhlabs.com/support/solutions/articles/13000038525-pulse-dac-firmware-update-sep-30-2017-

I've attached the firmware files that I downloaded to upgrade my Pulse Infinity in the new chassis that has the micro SD slot on the top, underneath the plexiglass cover.

The app.BIN is for the Matrix Control Unit

The GEEK_PULSE_2V0_GPX_INF_D1.bin is unknown to me. I can't remember

The DriverSetup EXE is the app to update the firmware of a USB connected Pulse

The Driver v2.29 is for Windows systems; you probably already have this

Good luck. You're taking a risk with these files.

I searched, but LHLabs has not posted files for DL that I can find

msi
exe
bin
BIN
(27.2 KB)

Hi Jerald,

thanks for your post but the issue seems to be that there is no usb communication happening at all.. running the install software fails when a dialog responds by asking to connect the unit ie. the Pulse box is not discovered by the Win/Mac port so no data transfer occurs.. changing the cable and resetting the unit has no effect for me.. the box still looks good though, so good that I'm tempted to crack open the case and hack my new sound adaptor in there but will wait a while to see if there is any come back from the LH consortium :D

Cheers,

'Dré

..come out, come out Larry, wherever you are

Same here. No computer will recognize the Pulse when its plugged into USB. I've tried multiple computers, multiple USB cables, nothing will recognize its there.

I'm guessing it will have to be factory reset by LH Labs, which will never happen considering they abandon their customers as soon as they pay their money.

So what we need is the factory reset procedure and tools so that we can do the job and at least attempt to get a pulse from these geeks... CAN U HEAR ME LARRY?!?

HEYYY... HO, this is an SOS  ... --- ...  ... --- ... ... --- ...

Do you read me? over..

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment