Start a new topic

Vibrato shipping date - any news?

Good morning! I was very happy to hear about the Vibrato Headphones and I placed my order the very same day I received the special offer.

This was the beginning of April, with an expectation to deliver by end of May.

I haven't heard any news since then.

Thanks for any feedback.

Last I heard it was May 5, 2018 ;-)

Thats's as good a date as any date LHLabs has published on anything they make!

-CB

This is what I was told "We wanted to provide those of you who have not yet received your orders with a progress and schedule update. We shipped out many units and found we needed to order a second batch to meet the overwhelming (but awesome!) response. The second batch of units has been delayed by our manufacturer due to our specific titanium driver material and we cannot rush them without compromising the quality of the earbuds. Shipping will resume immediately upon our receiving this second batch, which is scheduled for the end of next week." Then when I inquired about the fact that the orders were placed in April, so why was the need for a second batch from overwhelming response not known in April/May I got a generic answer that didn't answer the question.

Dustin Derrick - I got the same response to my query also. I fired back another enquiry as to why they didn't order enough to meet the response and was told this in reply - "The first batch of orders are usually always smaller to ensure that the factory can produce the quality and standards we require for these earbuds. If we were to order 1000 Vibrato from the factory and they don't pass our QC, then that's a lot of wasted product, time and money which we can not afford. Once we see that this batch has passed our QC standards, we order more. We unfortunately are a start up company and need to do this which does extend shipping times. Placement in the shipping queue changes on a daily basis due to some failures when we test, confirmation of prior orders that weren't initially accounted for due to shipping address changes ect.

I apologize for this delay and appreciate your patience. We are working hard to get your Vibrato to you and will do so once we get more in. "

That was on the 11th of August and I haven't heard anymore from LHLabs so we will be into the 4th month of waiting very soon! 

LH Labs appears to have gone out of business.  I've pretty much given up hope that I'll EVER see the Vibratos (nor, for that matter, the Source, in which I've invested about $1500).

@Paul Ziesler I am sorry for your $1500 loss that is non trivial! I'm not sure about whether LHLabs is going out of business? Things go dormant for many months and they spring to life out of blue. Hard to say?

In the meantime, you might take a look at the Picoreplayer project that runs on the inexpensive Raspberry Pi. Add a good quality (192k/24b) HiFiBerry DAC HAT, case, power supply and microsd card and for way less than $100 you have all the functionality of the LHLab Source. Picoreplayer can run as a Client and Source (Logitech Media Server).

Lest you think this is too low brough for your needs, take a look at the just announced Briston Pi streaming media client that sells for $1200 and uses the same hardware I just listed above!

It really is worth a couple hours of your time to investigate!

Picoreplayer Project

I sincerely hope they have not gone out of business and I still hoper to recive the vibrato.

If not.... I lost 15$.

Having said that, my personal experience with LHLabs, has been very un-satisfying, even worse than a previous crowd-funding experience I had with Olive (for the Olive One media player).

More in general I'm now convinced that, despite the hype that it received,  the crowd-funding business model is not working at all. I personally will never ever invest a single cent in any crowdfunding adventure.

By the time the "crowd-funded" product is delivered, on the market you can usually find better specified products, made by more reputable companies and very often at more convenient prices!

There are a number of very good and inexpensive raspberry-pi based solution for hi-res playing or for streaming. In addition to the pi-core player project, you can also look into Volumio or Rune Audio or Moode Audio.

I tried all of them (they have actually a lot in common coming from the same "root") and I'm now personally recommending Moode, because of the much improved user interface, ease of configuration and continuous and regular updates from the developer.

It 's now at version 2.6.

See http://moodeaudio.org/

I got a response from Gina, saying that they are awaiting a new shipment and that I should expect a shipping notice in the next few weeks.

When I asked why I can buy these now through Amazon for immediate delivery, Gina  responded:

"We have offered the Vibrato to our retail lines and this stock is not available to ship to replacement           backers."

In other words, those of us who bought the thoroughly bogus Verbs and paid for shipping the Vibrato replacements in April aren't a priority to LH Labs.  So much for customer happiness.

I received a response yesterday from Gina, who advised that they're awaiting a new shipment from the factory, and that I should expect a shipping notice in the next few weeks.

When I asked why I can buy the Vibratos through Amazon for immediate delivery, she responded:

"We have offered the Vibrato to our retail lines and this stock is not available to ship to replacement backers."  In other words, we're not a priority, even though we long ago paid for shipping (and the thoroughly bogus Verbs).  

So much for customer happiness.

1 person likes this

Oh, my, don't make me remember the Verbs. My wife is using them for an English online course... That's the only job that those "audiophile" IEMs can do.

Paul Zeisler, I got a similar line from Gina on the 11th of August of a few weeks. That's three weeks ago, now add another "Few weeks". Depends what you interpret a few weeks to mean I guess. Think we will receive a shipment notice by Christmas?

Same over here, i ordered immediately and because shipment did not arrive and getting no update from LH i opened already two tickets. The answer was always the same.

Poor service.

I paid $26 for the Vibratos "gift" to make up for the awful Verb. I immediately regretted paying for another mistake so my plan was to sell the unit upon receipt. Several months have passed and those of us who had the misfortune of buying the Verb and were offered the "gift" of the Vibratos have not received the Vibratos. Meanwhile, you can buy the Vibrato on Amazon without delay. Apparently, this "gift" has turned into another punishment for supporters of the company.

Three weeks ago, I requested a refund of the shipping fees for the "gift". This amounts to $26 USD or $34 CAD. Gina informed me that LH Labs is sorry for the delay and that they will comply with my request for refund within 5 business days. 3 weeks later and several requests for updates later (after 10 days had passed) and I am getting completely ignored by LH Labs. I will never buy anything from this company again! Lesson learned.

"Production has been delayed though since this message but we will start to ship as soon as we receive more Vibratos from our factory. We have completed about 70% of all orders. You should see a shipping notification within the next few weeks.(we expect the shipment for the next batch of Vibratos by the end of W2 of September) I apologize for this additional wait and appreciate your patience regarding this. "

...we'll see...

I received my Vibratos today, so it looks like they're shipping them.  However.the sound is terrible! Harsh, screeching highs, uneven midrange and NO BASS AT ALL.  

LH Labs has delivered crappy headphones once again.  And they've made a profit on the shipping, too ($15 is more than twice the cost of mailing). 

Login or Signup to post a comment